Register to vote

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
upload_2017-9-16_14-27-2.png

Remember to get ready for the next election. Boris is. It may come sooner than you think.

If you know any teens, they should pay extra attention, as they might not have registered before, or may have moved. If they are liable to be away at university or elsewhere, they can apply for a postal vote.

If you want to have your say at an election in Great Britain, you must be registered to vote.

Register to vote
In England, Scotland or Wales, you can register to vote online at gov.uk/register-to-vote.

How do I check if I'm registered to vote?
Every local authority holds the electoral register for their own area. There is no online electoral roll.

To check if you are registered to vote, you will need to contact your local electoral registration office.

Find your local registration office

Enter your postcode to find contact and address details for your local electoral registration office.

https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/register-to-vote/register-to-vote-in-great-britain

Sponsored Links
And what lie is Corbyn going to tell the new gullible teen and student voters next time, just to get their votes?

I see Boris is re-hashing the £350m/week lie for his bid. Is he right, that his supporters are really that stupid?

And what lie is Corbyn going to tell the new gullible teen and student voters next time, just to get their votes?
Luckily for us, our teen students are intelligent enough to make up their own minds. Does it bother you that our students would rather vote for Labour lies rather than Tory lies?
Tory lies certainly sways those senile old coffin dodgers.(y)

Sponsored Links
Our teen students are that intelligent, that many will leave with a large debt that is of no concern to them as they will never earn enough serving BigMacs or CostaCoffee to make the repayments. ;)

Our teen students are that intelligent, that many will leave with a large debt that is of no concern to them as they will never earn enough serving BigMacs or CostaCoffee to make the repayments. ;)
Thank goodness we have people like you Doug keeping them in a job.(y)

Luckily for us, our teen students are intelligent enough to make up their own minds. Does it bother you that our students would rather vote for Labour lies rather than Tory lies?
Tory lies certainly sways those senile old coffin dodgers.(y)

There are always promises made that will not be kept with any party, but what Corbyn did with his student loan lies was just down right dishonest and meant purely to garner the student vote - which it did.

I don't think the Tories or Libs made a similar single statement, which turned out to be a blatant lie, targeted to a specific group that got that group to vote in numbers on that one thing. Did they?

ory lies certainly sways those senile old coffin dodgers

Carefull Noesall, not long before you're a senile coffin dodger as well.

How do you know it was a lie?

Because Corbyn said afterwards that he couldn't be expected to know what he could offer unitil after he got into office.

But I did hear hear that part of the reason that Corbyn got the young vote, was because he targeted them very carefully on social media, so I wonder what the Tories will do to counteract that next time.

Of course, it may well be that because the students found out after the election, that he never intended to go through with reducing their student debts, it may well be that they vote against him next time.

Corbyn said afterwards that he couldn't be expected to know what he could offer unitil after he got into office.

That's why they published their carefully worked out manifesto before the election, with costings, defining their commitments. When you read the Student Loans section, what did it say? I know you've seen it, because I posted a copy for you and offered to pay £5 to a charity if it said what you falsely claimed. My £5 is safe.

Of course, it may well be that because the students found out after the election, that he never intended to go through with reducing their student debts, it may well be that they vote against him next time.

Being educated people, I expect they will have the good sense to read the manifesto, rather than making up nonsense or believing the Daily Fail, like you.

Speaking of lies, who was that PM who said she wouldn't have an election? Was it the same one who promised a free vote on foxhunting; to introduce a dementia tax; to loosen the ban on ivory trade; and to stop pensioners' winter allowance?

All politicians tell porkie pies . ;) or in the words of ??????? cannot remember his name being

Economical with the actual alleterre

The only time politicians give a ***t about democracy is when they come around yer house cap in hand for yer vote :)

(Alan Clarke)

but what Corbyn did with his student loan lies was just down right dishonest
I don't remember a speech or part of the manifest promising anything other than helping to alleviate student debt.
Do you?
Nothing like the £350mil Tory promise.

I don't think the Tories or Libs made a similar single statement, which turned out to be a blatant lie, ?

Righto Woods you daft naïve Tory plonka. Good ole "U-turn Theresa". (y)

Last edited:
I don't remember a speech or part of the manifest promising anything other than helping to alleviate student debt.
Do you?
Nothing like the £350mil Tory promise.

No, there was no "promise" as such, from Corbyn, unfortunately a lot of other Labour MPs did the promise bit on his behalf, and there the confusion grew. I was listening to Angela Rayner in parliment last week, and having earlier in the year, deinied that Corbyn had promised to cut student debts, then stood up, and promised to eradicate them (or words to that effect), but the promise bit was definitely there.

But the Tories didn't promise the £350m either, it was the brexit camp that said that they would be able to give the money to the NHS if we wern't in the EU, and that had Labour MPs in it as well.

I know; I was gobsmacked when I heard it. I'm still not sure what to make of it though.

Sponsored Links
Back