Register to vote

around 5,500 UK firms rely on passporting However, more than 8,000 European firms rely on passporting

cunningly misleading use of numbers.

On one side, my neighbour is a billionaire newspaper owner with a huge mansion and private helicopter.

On the other side, my neighbour is a retired plumber living on a state pension and a few odd jobs.

The newspaper owner earns £8 a week from selling apples.

The retired plumber earns £5.50 a week from selling apples.

If the apple market collapsed, who would lose more money?

And whose lifestyle would be most affected?

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: are you (Notch7) talking or answering way har bee ??

waste of time he has probably posted up some war & peace long post down loaded off of the net or taken off of Mr Mullers data base :)

Er Wannabie, Im not sure who way har bee is!

cunningly misleading use of numbers.

On one side, my neighbour is a billionaire newspaper owner with a huge mansion and private helicopter.

On the other side, my neighbour is a retired plumber living on a state pension and a few odd jobs.

The newspaper owner earns £8 a week from selling apples.

The retired plumber earns £5.50 a week from selling apples.

If the apple market collapsed, who would lose more money?

And whose lifestyle would be most affected?

I hope they both declare their earnings! :) now youve put it a public forum the taxman might be after em.

You are still avoiding tbe real issue, London financial market is huge, its staying in the UK and the EU needs access. And no Im not talking passport rights, the whole financial market.

Sponsored Links
You are still avoiding tbe real issue, London financial market is huge, its staying in the UK and the EU needs access. And no Im not talking passport rights, the whole financial market.
The real issue is that post Brexit and UK cannot have recourse to ECJ to resolve disputes:
Before the Brexit talks have even begun, Brussels is preparing for life with the City of London outside the EU. The European Commission on Tuesday revealed what it plans to do about London’s lucrative euro clearing market — the envy of financial centres on the continent. It is a critical part of London’s financial services sector and the volume of business can exceed a notional $900bn a day. It centres on the processing of euro-denominated derivatives contracts by clearing houses such as the London Stock Exchange’s LCH. Brussels’ proposal is that EU regulators should be given powers to vet overseas clearing houses. Those deemed to pose a “systemic risk” to Europe’s financial stability will face a range of requirements if they want to maintain smooth access to the EU market. In extreme cases, they could be told to relocate to Europe if they want to retain regulatory approvals that help them do business.

What is Brussels worried about?
The problem is simple. Current rules would leave the EU with little say over how clearing houses in the UK are policed once Britain leaves the single market. This is an acute concern because the operations or failure of a UK-based clearing house could have huge ramifications for the EU.

What does the EU want to do?
The EU will propose giving the European Securities and Markets Authority, an EU agency based in Paris, powers to assess the systemic risks posed by overseas clearing houses.
https://www.ft.com/content/18dcf566-5025-11e7-bfb8-997009366969

Guess which city wants the new financial center (apart from Frankfurt)?
Paris of course!

Sponsored Links
Back