Who uses their burglar alarm?

All it does is make the burglars hurry up.
Even if you have it monitored and police are called they will not rush to your house (if they come at all).

Sponsored Links
We tend to rely on the CCTV. But you need a good array of cameras at face level to be useful for police.

if you have an alarm and tell the insurance company you have one, they do ask , then they would expect you to use it, so you would need to specify how the alarm is used. when i moved in there was an alarm, but because doors and windows had been changed it did not really protect, and was old, so i took it out as we replaced all the doors and windows. The alarm box is still on the outside of the house as a possible deterrent.
I have thought about putting a new wireless version in

Sponsored Links
I used to fit burglar alarms and my neighbours was forever going off. I used to go out and check nothing was amiss pretty much every time, unless half cut.
Went for a look one time and the police turned up thinking I was the burglar, didn't take a lot of explaining to sort it out to be fair to them.
I wouldn't tell your insurance company you have one. The premium discount will be minimal and I wouldn't trust them to pay out if you forgot to set it and your Faberge egg collection was stolen.

Every time we go out including when working across the yard. Been called out once to a toerag but mainly it seems to be power pulses that triggers the alarm.
Neighbour's workshop broken into one lunchtime when he was having his lunch and his kitchen window overlooks the door that used by the thieves. He hadn't set his alarm.

We both infrared cameras in our workshops nowadays.

Back