Why A 3A Fuse Protecting Gas-Related Electrical Circuits?

sorry Op and to many that have posted, this is a totally worthless post, it is a 3 Amp fuse because that is the lowest available for a fused spur, the boilers electronics have further protection, modern consumer units offer much better protection than the 3 A fuse in the fused spur

Sponsored Links
No they don't.

Is a sub 3A (plug) fuse readily available?
Yes they do - Manufacturers Instructions always override gas regs. Basic principle.

1A and 2A BS1362 plug fuses are readily available, but why would you want a less than 3A fuse?

sorry Op and to many that have posted, this is a totally worthless post, it is a 3 Amp fuse because that is the lowest available for a fused spur,
No it isn't, you can get 1A and 2A fuses

13A (brown) and 3A (red) are very widely sold in every High Street, but there is no limit to other ratings (below 13A) that can be manufactured and sold for particular needs. For BS 1362 they should be black.

Sponsored Links
Yes they do - Manufacturers Instructions always override gas regs. Basic principle.
What do you mean by "override"?

In this case, the gas regulations do not forbid a 3A fuse, so any concept of overriding would be irrelevant.

I can't see what it matters. The system works on a 3amp fuse so why would you use a 13amp fuse?

Some or at least one manufacturer supplies a 3amp fuse in every boiler box, perhaps that might be taken as guidance in one case and I can't think off the top of my head of a manufacturer that doesn't include at least one if not two fast blow lower rated fuses on the PCB somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back