would you trust a 10amp MCB on a 3a central Heating Circuit

This poster is in County Sligo in the south of Ireland - he is not in the UK and electrical work is NOT carried out to BS7671. He also is prohibited from carrying out Restricted Electrical Works under pain of prosecution and imprisonment.

how would you approach it then Risteard taking your 'consumers must not carry out restricted electrical works' hat off ? - would you put in 3a fuse spur or replace 10amcb with 3a SP MCB in CU? .. I am not going to do either but I am still intrigued to what way you would go to a ROI customer who was in same predicament

Sponsored Links
how would you approach it then Risteard taking your 'consumers must not carry out restricted electrical works' hat off ? - would you put in 3a fuse spur or replace 10amcb with 3a SP MCB in CU? .. I am not going to do either but I am still intrigued to what way you would go to a ROI customer who was in same predicament
My advice to you (bearing in mind how many threads you have started about various "issues" (leaving aside for now whether these are real or perceived)) is that if you are concerned about the condition of the electrical installation in your house then you should ask your friendly REC (Registered Electrical Contractor) to inspect and test the installation and provide you with a Periodic Inspection Report. From here you will be able to discuss with the REC (or another REC if you prefer) what remedial action (if any) is necessary. However coming to all sorts of your own conclusions about the safety of the electrical installation is likely to lead you in the wrong direction and indeed risks tempting you to commit a criminal offence in the process. There is also every risk that by tampering with the installation without properly understanding it that you will in fact reduce the safety of it.

I presume you are not familiar with ET101:2008/A2:2016? These are the National Rules for Electrical Installations with which all work MUST comply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back