Why are remainer predictions always wrong.

Anybody paying attention would see the damage to out EU export trade.

even where sales have gone up (like Scottish salmon) the cost of red tape has meant much less profit.

Sponsored Links
What about the predictions that were correct?
Failing industry, businesses leaving, empty shelves, energy crisis, roaming charges, shortage of low skilled workers etc etc.

Yeah, let's forget about the problems we are having, and instead focus on the things that didn't go wrong ...

shortage of low skilled workers etc etc.

See this is the problem we have in this country what do you see as low skilled. With Covid we have realised how important every one's job is.
Would you say lorry driving is low skilled

Sponsored Links
See this is the problem we have in this country what do you see as low skilled. With Covid we have realised how important every one's job is.
Would you say lorry driving is low skilled

more the pickers, which many farmers are struggling with

obviously, all jobs are skilled really, but we just call them unskilled if it is very manual with little training required.

Last edited:
We will have to eventually welcome back our European neighbours, to entice them back into the fields, factories, cleaning jobs, etc. or look further afield, to the commonwealth maybe, and encourage more people to come from India, Pakistan, Caribbean etc.

A friend who works in the UK for a Chinese company, says Taiwan workers are great - have an Chinese work ethic while also having a western outlook thanks to years of American influence. If China gets its way (it says it wants to take back control of Taiwan, no matter the cost) then the world might have a lot of Taiwanese refugees looking for a new home and job.

But, we have boatloads of people arriving, all eager to start a new life in a liberal society, so rather than persecute them maybe we should just provide them asylum, sanctuary, jobs, and let them help us work through the Brexit mess.

more the pickers, which many farmers are struggling with

obviously, all jobs are skilled really, but we just call them unskilled if it is very manual with little training required.

Think just a reason to keep wages down.

Building industry considered low skilled . Maybe why this is the reason there is so many shysters claiming to be tradesmen and why the industry is so shambolic..

unskilled
It is just another term for low paid. Wages need to go up to take into account the work done. Why should a care worker be on the same pay as a shelf stacker, or a crop picker earn the same as a call centre worker ?. Crop picking , I would think, is pretty hard work, so if we have to pay more for our sprouts and spuds at Christmas, then so be it.

Building industry considered low skilled

I think it is only labourers that are classed as low skilled, not everybody in the building industry!

Some examples of low skilled workers according to these people

parking lot attendant
cleaner or janitor
fast food worker
line operator
messenger
sewing machine operator (semi-automatic)*
construction laborer
information desk clerk*
vegetable harvester/picker

*not sure I agree with these - anybody using a machine must learn how to use it.

I guess any job that only takes 10 minutes to train is low/unskilled. Most others are skilled.

But, our home office recently defined it based on salary, rather than training and experience, so who knows what the government things!?

Unfortunately it is deemed as low skilled. Hence it attracts poorly skilled unregulated workmen .....can't really call them tradesmen.

For this we all suffer.
I was of course only joking - plumbing is a highly skilled trade.

of course push fit has enabled the cowboys.

The irony of tighter regulations means plumbers have to charge more, which opens up the market for the bodgers

Why should a care worker be on the same pay as a shelf stacker

Same entrance requirements. CWs shadow an experienced one for a couple of days then off they go. It can literally be a shítty job. Even the higher paying companies can't get staff though now. There used to be more East Europeans doing it.

Plumbers' regulations? What regulations?
Gas fitting just a short course where you could say you had experience and get in. It has tightened up a little in the last few years. If you can solder a pipe, drill holes and follow instructions, installing a combi takes v little training.

Many low paid jobs need a chunk of common sense - not very common.

Last edited:
There is a shortage of workers in the building trade - and in many regions there has always been despite Eastern European’s.

Young people are less interested in the building trade now….and let’s be honest the training is not what it used to be.

Many builders I know can’t get labourers / apprentices / improvers…..and those they do get, don’t stick it out.

Same entrance requirements. CWs shadow an experienced one for a couple of days then off they go. It can literally be a shítty job. Even the higher paying companies can't get staff though now. There used to be more East Europeans doing it.

I met quite a few care workers, as my Dad needed a visit 4 times a day - they are wonderful people doing a hard job and very under valued.

My Mum ended up in a nursing home, they had a Sri Lankan lady who looked after my mum - she was really lovely.

Sponsored Links
Back