Why are remainer predictions always wrong.

It is just another term for low paid. Wages need to go up to take into account the work done. Why should a care worker be on the same pay as a shelf stacker, or a crop picker earn the same as a call centre worker ?. Crop picking , I would think, is pretty hard work, so if we have to pay more for our sprouts and spuds at Christmas, then so be it.

A very valid question. This is why we have minimum wage. Many people believe minimum wage should be higher.
If you work, regardless of what you are doing, you should be able to earn enough to live a decent life and have a good home.

But pay scales are driven by supply and demand. eg. web designers used to earn loads, but now that any kid leaving school can build an OK website, salaries have dropped.
Plumbers earn well, because there is a high demand for them and often an emergency element (heating / hot water not working, something leaking etc)

Because you can use just about anybody for unskilled / low skilled jobs, supply is large for relatively low demand, so companies can get away with paying minimum wage, and even putting people on zero hour contracts. This is considered by many to be an outdated and unfair system of determining pay. Why should a cleaner get paid less than an accountant?

Some companies have ignored these social norms though, and pay everybody equally, and say it makes the whole company a better place to be and workers much happier.

Crop picking is bloody hard work. Several times, British farmers have attempted to employ British workers (and American farmers tried the same) and Brits and Americans just could not handle the work. People don't want to break their backs, get soaked, sun burnt, have to work 12 hour days in summer, to earn a living. This is the real reason immigrants have been doing these jobs for centuries - and also why much of farming has been mechanised.

Sponsored Links
parking lot attendant
cleaner or janitor
fast food worker
line operator
messenger
sewing machine operator (semi-automatic)*
construction laborer
information desk clerk*
vegetable harvester/picker

Janitor...... you've been watching Honk Kong Fuey

A very valid question. This is why we have minimum wage. Many people believe minimum wage should be higher.
If you work, regardless of what you are doing, you should be able to earn enough to live a decent life and have a good home.

But pay scales are driven by supply and demand. eg. web designers used to earn loads, but now that any kid leaving school can build an OK website, salaries have dropped.
Plumbers earn well, because there is a high demand for them and often an emergency element (heating / hot water not working, something leaking etc)

Because you can use just about anybody for unskilled / low skilled jobs, supply is large for relatively low demand, so companies can get away with paying minimum wage, and even putting people on zero hour contracts. This is considered by many to be an outdated and unfair system of determining pay. Why should a cleaner get paid less than an accountant?

Some companies have ignored these social norms though, and pay everybody equally, and say it makes the whole company a better place to be and workers much happier.

Crop picking is bloody hard work. Several times, British farmers have attempted to employ British workers (and American farmers tried the same) and Brits and Americans just could not handle the work. People don't want to break their backs, get soaked, sun burnt, have to work 12 hour days in summer, to earn a living. This is the real reason immigrants have been doing these jobs for centuries - and also why much of farming has been mechanised.

I find it ironic that right wing supporters claim to care about the wages of people in this country, when they vote for and support the policies of a govt who spends its time increasing inequality and removing protection and rights.

Sponsored Links
We need the Federation. There is no money, people work to better society, everybody does their fair share, and everybody lives a happy life.
I guess some call it communism. And some people will always abuse it and skim off the top.

The problem is people.

I met quite a few care workers, as my Dad needed a visit 4 times a day - they are wonderful people doing a hard job and very under valued.

My Mum ended up in a nursing home, they had a Sri Lankan lady who looked after my mum - she was really lovely.

I think we all agree under valued and under paid.

We need the Federation. There is no money, people work to better society, everybody does their fair share, and everybody lives a happy life.
I guess some call it communism. And some people will always abuse it and skim off the top.

The problem is people.

I visited a few Kibbutz a few years back . A great bit of Communism. But everybody is part of of society and valued.

Minimum wage should be increased to about £15/hr or £30k/yr

Bump up some salaries, and bring down those of the big earners who get more in bonuses than most people earn as a salary.

I visited a few Kibbutz a few years back . A great bit of Communism. But everybody is part of of society and valued.

A mate of mine worked in once a long time ago, enjoyed it. But still returned to the UK soon after.

Cat shat in your ski goggles honey? Sent with kind intention and attempt at humour.
They go in their protective bag and then into the loft along with all the other ski paraphernalia. They may be extracted this coming winter....

They go in their protective bag and then into the loft along with all the other ski paraphernalia. They may be extracted this coming winter....

jeez us not going to Austria are you :eek:

I will warn my mother and sister :ROFLMAO:

Whistler - possibly. I do like Austria though. Solden is my favourite (for skiing).

well let’s hope it’s no where near
Reutte in the Tirol

try and keep yer ead down nose all
So as not to embarrass the UK

get yer hair cut
Smarten your self up
Clean your finger nails
And lay off the medication

:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back