Why are you giving away free trade knowledge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering why so many of you "tradesmen" are so eager to give away advice/tips/answers that have taken many of us a long time to learn only to post them here in the public domain. Now all a person has to do is type in there boiler and fault and the info is there. In the current climate many people will try and fix their boiler themselves and with this site it is making it all too easy for them, just really starting to annoy me.

Sponsored Links
Why does it annoy you BG has more work than it can cope with and it should not affect your earnings as you should not be doing private work .
;)

I have a private customer base as well. I am not worried about my earnings, as many of you know, if you are good at what you do it won't affect you, but I just think the breakdown side of the industry will suffer.

Sponsored Links
I could not disagree with you more, This industry lacks real repair engineers, has tones of part changing idiots tho, most of them from BG academy mind!

BG Engineer, do you carry out repairs or servicing to your own car ? If so, you are doing me out of work as I'm a car mechanic. Kettle, Pot , Black. Re-arrange these words.

So tell me, how does people providing help on here differ that much from you doing PJs. Your taking work from independants, working unregistered and without PLI.

BG guys with attitude that they are better, **** me off.

I could not disagree with you more, This industry lacks real repair engineers, has tones of part changing idiots tho, most of them from BG academy mind

I'm not getting into an argument over BG as I know many of you have a dislike for the company and engineers. I know I am a good engineer with a good breakdown knowledge, I just don't get why you like to broadcast this knowledge on here. Is it so people can think you are the man :rolleyes:

So you have a problem with people fixing there own stuff and not paying for it . yet you steal work from your employers.
BG now offer whole house cover so you are in effect in competition with them with your large customer base.
Sackable offense

no iam sure i speak for most on here wereally do like helping folk an not rip them off! unlike our friends in flying vans! the reason i left BG was because of the bullying culture horrible company...

petit pablo is a gent always on here helping out, so nice one petit ;)

So you have a problem with people fixing there own stuff and not paying for it
No I have a problem with people posting answers on here to questions that we have worked hard for a long time to know the answers to.

Bgengineer may have a point ??? but than again if some one is into diy repair of a boiler they will do it any way , irrespective of wether they use this forum or any other ? alot of the information is available from manus as downloads any way ??
Type of sitting on the fence answer ?? see which way the wind blows before jumping off ? :)

no iam sure i speak for most on here wereally do like helping folk an not rip them off!

Well carry on then 5, but being in the public domain one answer will probably help a few thousand.

Sponsored Links
Back