Bad to give into urge to drink to get away from things?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me that sometimes that ends up with so many negative thoughts, and worries about things all at once, that you just want to drink to get away from them all for a few hours?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure it isn't just you, and I'm also sure it doesn't make anything any better. Quite the reverse.

On second thought.....(and I am not a drinker necessarily) to get smashed once in awhile when the mind cant "deal" with it anymore....is a great way to just let ....it....go. (just not tooooo far :LOL: :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
Is it just me that sometimes that ends up with so many negative thoughts, and worries about things all at once, that you just want to drink to get away from them all for a few hours?
Ends with them ? I used to start,continue and end with them ;) Now, when the Black Dog (Winston Churchill`s description) tries to **** on my leg,I grab the ****er and smack it on the nose :LOL: Luckily I never got addicted to drink despite doing what you contemplate. There is light @ the end of the tunnel, It`s just a Long one sometimes

Adam_151 said:
Next time when you're feeling like that (down and 'clouded' with negative thoughts) sit down with a nice glass of wine or a pint. Take a piece of paper and a pen, draw a line in the middle of the paper and start writing two lists: the things that worry you on one side of the paper and the positive things you do/have/realise on the other side.
Under every worry you write the worst outcome you can think of (realisticly) and under every positive thing you write how you did/got/made that.

Refill your glass and have a long long look at your list. Refill you glass and start thinking about all the positive things you can create tomorrow.

Think positive = start positive actions = getting back postivie reactions. Trust me on this one: been there, done that, survived.

I did that but all I had on the one side of the line was "now wash your hands" ready printed :cry:

Worries from a youngster !!
Blimey wait til you have brace or two of bread snappers, a miserable bank manager, several ex wives ..... and a puncture in the rain wrong side of town with the takeaway congealing on seat by the second .. Oops forgot the wife, ah but, she is the one who also had a puncture ... forgot to mention it -- hosing rain, all the above and two flat tyres !!
That is worrisome... Good job I never complain :eek:

:( :( :( :( :D :D

Adam_151 said:
If you have got your health then you have everything, I've been away for the last 2 wks for a operation and was told by the surgeon I was lucky to be alive :eek: I will never ever worry about anything again :!: Now then, does that make you think again about so many negatives thoughts :?: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back