Binge drinking (3)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a chance you could figure out what would happen, how much it would cost you if the minimum price of drinks go up. I knocked something up and sent it to my MP, Ed Vaizey and got a reasonable response. I really do believe that they(MP's) need some bullets to fire to discourage this path because it could be very expensive for many and they did nothing to cause it.

This what I sent..

I am not against people having a good drink when they go out but if they become a nuisance then they should be stopped.

However, because as a result of over drinking they end up in hospital and treated at tax payers expense, they should be made to pay for the visit because their injury was self inflicted.

Not put the price of drink up for me because I haven't done anything wrong. This is lowering me to the lowest common denominator. It does identify me with these very irresponsible people and I think the ruling is wrong to do this to me.

I drink cans of beer which I can by for 17p each in Tesco. This may mean the price going up to 50p. So. if I have one a day that's £1.19 to £3.50. Or for the year £61.88 to £182 out of my OAP.

The madness of this bill to increase cheaper drinks doesn't add up because the government cannot make people pay for their selfish ways.

After all when people are caught speeding you make them pay for it so why not make drunks pay for it when hospitalised.

Sponsored Links
However, because as a result of over drinking they end up in hospital and treated at tax payers expense

They are tax payers, on top of the tax they pay, alcohol duty raises 7bn, cost to NHS 3bn.

By your logic they should get sent to the front of the queue and given 5 star service as they pay more than double the average tax payer.

they should be made to pay for the visit because their injury was self inflicted.

Aids
Skin cancer
Sports injuries
STD's
DIY injuries
Car accidents (for at least 50% of people injured)
80% approx diabetes sufferers
people who fall down stairs etc.
Diet related illness (kidneys, gal bladder, intestinal problems etc).
A number of dental issues.

they should be made to pay for the visit because their injury was self inflicted.

And what if I receive an injury whilst drunk, that is not caused by myself, how exactly would you insure that such a system would not be abused to simply use someone being drunk as an excuse to charge them.

Not put the price of drink up for me because I haven't done anything wrong.

You drink alcohol.

As far as a number of busy body's are concerned you are doing something wrong.

As both myself and wreckedit have skin cancer and actually know the FACTS about the causes, I would suggest that you do more research on the subject before quoting it as self inflicted.

Why are we on post 3? When are you going to post number 4? What's wrong with post 2? I don't get it.

Sponsored Links
As both myself and wreckedit have skin cancer and actually know the FACTS about the causes, I would suggest that you do more research on the subject before quoting it as self inflicted.

Oh do grow some thicker skin :evil:

Research?

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/pr...ommon/@nre/@hea/documents/image/cr_082588.pdf

That shows skin cancer can be caused or the risk increased by exposure to UV.

Pretty lame to nitpick on some detail and miss the actual point.

Plenty of NHS treatment is treatment for self inflicted illness, probably more than half of it.

Who wants to bet that when/if we go down the road of charging for self inflicted illness, then all illness will be classed as self inflicted.

How are you going to tell if it was avoidable or would naturally have occurred.

Had a drink, tripped down the stairs?

Well it MUST be because you were drunk, no one falls down the stairs sober, that will be 1000k please.

Ha Ha very funeeee :evil: don't you start Joe....I am off to read my book in peace ;)

AronSearle,
Aids
Skin cancer
Sports injuries
STD's
DIY injuries
Car accidents (for at least 50% of people injured)
80% approx diabetes sufferers
people who fall down stairs etc.
Diet related illness (kidneys, gal bladder, intestinal problems etc).
A number of dental issues.

Do you not realise that victims of Road Traffic Accidents are actually charged for any treatment they receive off the NHS?

I was involved in a car accident in the mid 80's (got two cracked ribs) I called in at my local hospital and was sent from there to my own doctors. He then sent me back for an X-ray. I was quite literally given a couple of paracetamols after the X-ray revealed the cracked ribs and told to rest over the weekend. A few weeks later the bill for emergency treatment arrived.... Almost a hundred pounds (passed on to my insurance company to sort out.

Why are we on post 3? When are you going to post number 4? What's wrong with post 2? I don't get it.

Explanation coming up....When posts go off topic any further topic related threads get lost in the detritus. So, the best thing to do for those who want to continue the topic conversation is to numerically post the topic again.

Sponsored Links
Back