Why are you giving away free trade knowledge

The text below was posted on here a few years ago by someone who no longer posts here. The thread was deleted after abuse from outraged Corgi fitters. It illustrates why some people are not inclined to trust BG/Corgi (as it was) fitters, especially those bleating about gas parts being sold to the public and the sacred knowledge being made public.

Gold medal went to "B" who came to us with a fan which "doesn't work, I've tested it and there are volts there"

FAN WORKS

"What did you test it with?"

"A neon screwdriver"

That could have been an expensive mistake passed on to the customer

Silver medal goes to "K"

K is in his late 50's and been with BG since apprenticeship, but left
to "do his own thing" a few years ago. phones up -

"I have an old 24v McLaren valve here, will the valve open if you have
less than 24v on it ?"

"Err .. How much less ?"

"I'm not sure, how do you measure it"

Bronze goes to "P"

(Must have been a fitter for 25 years)

"Should it stop sparking when the pilot is alight"

Not a good day for the Guardians of the Sacred Knowledge (GOSK) today

After thinking about it, I now agree that I was wrong about it being possible to complete gas training in 3 months. Six weeks would do it.

Sponsored Links
I have a private customer base as well. I am not worried about my earnings, as many of you know, if you are good at what you do it won't affect you, but I just think the breakdown side of the industry will suffer.

are you not breaking your T&C's by having your own reg no (to work legally and properly)

I'm happily retired BGengineer, and it amuses the hell out on me answering questions, and saving posters hundreds of pounds.

Strangely, it amuses me even more if I can tell the world just how much BG rip Old people off with their lies. :evil:

Does that answer your question.

Do Gassafe register know that you are working illegaly on gas

Both my Dad and brother are Gas Safe registered with their own firms, so when I work it is under them, so nothing illegal.

are you saying that you are registered with BG, yor dad and your brother, therefore on the reg with 3 different numbers, how does that work for PLI, tax and insurance?

no wonder there are so many gas engineers out of work :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You don't have to pay Tax and insurance on homers Kirkgas. :confused:

Do you. :LOL:

interesting post this especially as its so easy to check back on previous posts
To answer your question BGengineer I post on here because I don't mind helping people and so it seems neither do you

from previous posts

The ICOS is a conventional boiler and not a combi.

Firstly lets clarify a 3wire stat and a 2wire stat

A 3 wire stat usually consists of a Common, Calling and a Neutral.

A 2 wire stat consists of just a Common and a Calling.

On a 3 wire stats the neutral is used to power a built in anticipator which smoothes out the switching of the stat by reducing the on off fluctuations.

However you should be careful as Motor On and Motor Off 2 port valves such a Sunvic use a 3 wire stat where the Satisified on the room stat is used as well as the Common and Calling in order to close the valve as opposed to a spring return. A Sunvic Motor On Motor off valve will look like a white box with no levers on it.

To be honest I dont think the problem you are having is related to changing the room stat and I think it is a coincidence. Its either going to be a thermistor problem or PCB problem. I would try the thermisotr first as this is the much cheaper option. Hope this helps.

why did you become a member of the site?
Its either to gain advice or give it,here's some free advice

look up the word "hypocrite" and think about it

Perhaps he has lost his mind or come to his senses. maybe having spent sometime on here he has simply changed his mind about posting advice. This thread does not necessarily make him a hypocrite, although he could be.

Hypothetically BG Engineer could be a hypocrite , but he definitely uses hyperbole ;)

He chops and changes his answers .
A large private customer base now becomes working for his fathers and brothers firms.
Still both still sackable offences

Onetap yet again you show your limited knowledge of what a real apprenticeship in gas consists of

Gas is not only about running a pipe and repairing a boiler as most on here do

All the BG CPS love themselves, but as we all know their workmanship is shocking!!

Just basic stuff like construction skills, that we all need, they sadly lack. Any former BG employees we ever employed were useless, too used to being lead by the nose & if they f4ck up someone else will always come behind them to fix it!!

As for helping the DaftyDIY'ers, ach, you can't help but like some of them. I helped one chap on here, his missus was expecting & they called the wee fella 'Richard' after my good self. I was dead chuffed....... :LOL: :LOL:

I name this child Pedantic Venomous Vindictiveman, yea, so if I help someone fix their dripping cock, they gonna name their little angel after me :p

I have a private customer base as well.
This is really rich. YoU are effectively committing a crime unless you have:
1. Your own GSR card (unlikely as BG will sack you if rumours are true)
2. Your own van
3. Permission from your boss to carry out unfair competition

And you complain about us helping people for free?

fix their dripping cock...........................Hmmmmmmm yes, a fine turn of phrase??!!!

I love BG, they go in with mahoosive prices, quite often cock things up, which then makes us lot look really good, I think a lot on here seem to be missing the point as to what BG man is originally posting about, I don't give a stuff if he has his own GSR card, if he is classed as "competent" and employed by a GSR company, then he is classed as "competent", if he isn't he shouldn't be working with gas period,

the Public Liability thing is a different matter, but then that's up to the customer, if they can go and buy their own gas fire and gas fire fitting kit from B&Q, with super duper GasSafe and B&Q not bothered whether the are going to fit it themselves or not, then the customer also has a choice whether to employ a tradesperson with or without PL, how many times have you been asked to provide evidence of PL insurance, your Gassafe card or Waste carriers licence, personally never.

Sponsored Links
Back