Why does everyone seem to hate the Tories?

Only one problem there: vote UKIP = Labour Government.

The only hope for the Tories is an agreement with UKIP and aim for a coalition government with them. It would slash the number of Labour MPs, UKIP and Farage would then get their in/out referendum and then resign at the next election to leave the Tories to sweep up the pieces.

Sponsored Links
Up here, in the far wet damp frozen north, the Tory party is a toxic brand, not my words but a sound bite from a Radio programme I dipped into to-day up here.
The icing on the cake was dare I mention it ? Maggie. there is a huge body of Scots that still blame Maggie for the closure of steel works, that were about to fail? the Shipbuilding on the Clyde, The closure of Coal mining cheaper to build abroad? and even now I at least once per week see a large Russian, or similar Collier waiting to be unloaded at Fairlie, a deep water facility where the Russian / Polish / Latvian Coal is off loaded to be taken by train to English Power stations to be burned, Yadda de Yadda de Yadda.

UKIP do in effect not exist here, yes they have ONE MEP, based on P/R well they had to get one based on P/R

Here is a thought? why does England, Wales Et all not adopt P/R? that way a voter can opt for a single candidate or vote 1/2/3 in whichever order the voter wants?

I wonder why Scotland wonted a referendum? O yes it was to get away from all of this?

Interesting there is no mention of Scotland In all of the above posts, THANKS EVERYONE we are still here, we will not go away, but we or at least a lot of us, will not

Here is a thought? why does England, Wales Et all not adopt P/R? that way a voter can opt for a single candidate or vote 1/2/3 in whichever order the voter wants?
Because we and you voted against it just as you voted not to leave the UK.

I wonder why Scotland wonted a referendum? O yes it was to get away from all of this?
But you voted against it so most of you didn't want a referendum.

Interesting there is no mention of Scotland In all of the above posts, THANKS EVERYONE we are still here, we will not go away, but we or at least a lot of us, will not
How is it our fault? We didn't have a vote.

Our place is overrun with Scots and Irish. Strange that.

So they keep saying.

So does that mean that if EVERYONE voted for UKIP, we'd get a Labour government?

Perhaps you can see what I'm getting at.

Sponsored Links

The only hope for the Tories is an agreement with UKIP and aim for a coalition government with them. It would slash the number of Labour MPs, UKIP and Farage would then get their in/out referendum and then resign at the next election to leave the Tories to sweep up the pieces.

I could live with a UKIP + Tory coalition. The way the Tories have been giving in to the Limp Dems suggests that they might also give a bit to their UKIP partners.

Why should Farage then resign? I think he has a lot to offer.

So they keep saying.

So does that mean that if EVERYONE voted for UKIP, we'd get a Labour government?

Perhaps you can see what I'm getting at.
It's pie-in-the-sky. Farage might win a seat and the reckless defector might win a protest seat. So that's somewhere between two and none. Might as well vote for the lovely, fluffy green party. We will certainly have a labour government next year.

jeds wrote..

"We will certainly have a labour government next year."

Best wait until the election is over.
We had Scottish rebels a while back insisting the "yes" camp would win.
:LOL:

Labour chancellors can't add up / can't be bothered. After all, as they seem to think money appears from thin air, why even try? :rolleyes:

The Tories just provide a ready-made excuse for anyone who can't make the effort to improve their own lot. Which nowadays, is a lot of people. :evil:

they seem to think money appears from thin air

But that's exactly how our fractional reserve banking systems do work. Money is created out of thin air , loaned out and thus backed up by debt. Works great as long as we have unlimited growth.

Sponsored Links
Back