Why don't they play old stuff like this on the radio?

Sponsored Links
Alarm said:
Looks like you can still stream it --

Yes, it's still available on-line. I'm just waiting for standalone internet radios to come down to a realistic price (because I know perfectly well that chips are cheap) and I'll have one for the bathroom. :D :D :D

Diane2 said:
-- "our tune" with Simon Bates --

Don't remind me! I used to work in a small factory where Radio One played all day in the production area and some of us decamped to a different room to get away from the abominable "our tune".

Don't get me wrong here; I had no objection to the general concept. It was the way SB went on and on - and on - and on. On one occasion he went on for a solid half hour. He went on so long that the actual tune that somebody, somewhere, was hoping to hear got cut short by the news. :oops: :oops: :oops:

What a plonker! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

listen to Breeze or absolute 80's most of the time as they play some good stuff, saturday/Sunday night old skool disco/Glitz mix on wave 105 always listen on my way back from Sussex

Sponsored Links
radio 2 for me aswell,

i remember dave lee travis,snooker on the radio :LOL: :LOL:
oh bloody hell just remembered that plonker gary davis.wot a cock.

adrian just iirc on a sunday afternoon very funny guy.

Steve Wrong isn't funny in any way.

Planet Rock is OK as long as you like 80's cheese rock and a smattering of decent stuff mixed in.

You're wright, me personally think Ken Bruce is numero uno, but what ever happened to Wild Al Kelly?

Planet Rock for me.

Best DJ ever was Krusher who ran Krushers Metal Mayhem on Greater London Radio on a Sunday back in the late 80s & early 90s.
IIRC he was a journalist for Kerrang! magazine and got fired from GLR for turning up drunk too many times or something.

PS - Freebird for best guitar solo ever?
As a devotee of Messers Hendrix, Page, Blackmore, Clapton and Green I would have to respectfully disagree ;)

Sponsored Links
Back