Why I need somebody to help me to plug into the socket

.........., though they probably stay away from pi$$ poor council estates due to a lack of goodies..

I've found it to be the opposite, in my experience.
Our firm does a lot of work on those type of estates, and you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff left around, especially when the tenants do a bunk.
I remember one particular flat on the (long ago razed) yew tree estate, where they'd gone, left the door swinging in the wind, and washing up still in the bowl.

Sponsored Links
Humour, Johnny. Though it will undoubtedly go over yours and Nosey's heads.

Apologies, though. I wasn't aware it was going to get to you so much that you would have to trawl through my old posts. Hope you will get over it. (y)

Sponsored Links
I considered 2 months to be reasonable. Now 2 years, maybe...

Don't know how anyone from the depressed ex potteries town of Stoke can criticise where others live. I go to Staffs once a year to visit my hubcaps. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:rolleyes::LOL::LOL:

Going back to the OP . would they not be obliged to check the leccy system prior to plugging in the freezer .

Insulation test , loop impedence and all that caper. Earthing ??

???

As for unwrapping and taking the packaging away: A few years ago we didn't pay a big retailer (whose name sounds like a spice mix) to install a freezer, but taking the packaging away was actually included in their delivery fee (stated on their website), so the delivery crew unpacked the freezer and took all the rubbish away, even without being prompted! Only thing left for me to do was to level the freezer, and then to wait 24 hours before plugging it in.
(Having said that, the same company this year really underwhelmed us. We paid for next delivery when our fridge broke, but on that next day they called us to say they would not be able to deliver, supposedly as they discovered a fault with the appliance as they were loading the van...)

As for unwrapping and taking the packaging away: A few years ago we didn't pay a big retailer (whose name sounds like a spice mix) to install a freezer, but taking the packaging away was actually included in their delivery fee (stated on their website), so the delivery crew unpacked the freezer and took all the rubbish away, even without being prompted! Only thing left for me to do was to level the freezer, and then to wait 24 hours before plugging it in.
(Having said that, the same company this year really underwhelmed us. We paid for next delivery when our fridge broke, but on that next day they called us to say they would not be able to deliver, supposedly as they discovered a fault with the appliance as they were loading the van...)

Same company tried that with my 78 year old FIL last week when he moved back into his bungalow after having it rebuilt. I phoned up to see if they could give me a rough time estimate so they didn't clash with the removal company. Young girl said they wouldn't be delivering that day because they had noticed a scratch on the side of it. I asked if they had anymore in stock or would we have to wait a few days he reply; "Oh yes sir we have a number of them in stock as we are the storage warehouse." Me; "Well get another one loaded immediately and this time make sure they don't scratch this one putting it on the van." Her; "Oh, how did you know it was us that scratched it?" Durrr! LOL
After being passed to her supervisor and informing him of what I knew, and also that my wife worked for a national newspaper, (she did once but doesn't now so it depends how you read that sentence that still makes it true), he promised delivery within two hours. Promise was kept and FIL was very happy.

The last item I had delivered came packagd with lots of wooden slats, they were going to take them away - no chance said I, down in the cellar they went.
They have been useful, a rub down and airing cupboard shelving they made etc.

It may be an urban legend (but probably not) that when Henry Ford got going and suppliers were keen to get contracts with him he specified the dimensions of the wooden crates which in those days things like transmissions, rear axles etc were all shipped in, on the grounds that that was what he needed best for his loading bays. In reality it was so he could break the packing cases down and use the boards as flooring in his cars....

Same company tried that with my 78 year old FIL last week when he moved back into his bungalow after having it rebuilt. I phoned up to see if they could give me a rough time estimate so they didn't clash with the removal company. Young girl said they wouldn't be delivering that day because they had noticed a scratch on the side of it. I asked if they had anymore in stock or would we have to wait a few days he reply; "Oh yes sir we have a number of them in stock as we are the storage warehouse." Me; "Well get another one loaded immediately and this time make sure they don't scratch this one putting it on the van." Her; "Oh, how did you know it was us that scratched it?" Durrr! LOL
After being passed to her supervisor and informing him of what I knew, and also that my wife worked for a national newspaper, (she did once but doesn't now so it depends how you read that sentence that still makes it true), he promised delivery within two hours. Promise was kept and FIL was very happy.
I have had numerous issues with them after buying a Which? Recommended fridge. Unfortunately, they were the only supplier as it is an exclusive deal between them and Kenwood.
They missed appointments, sent damage fridges, delivered them without swapping the door round (I know I could have done it at a push, but it was quite tricky compared to older fridges). Finally they delivered a fridge and the guy (who wasn't sure how to swap the door) f'd it up and the interior light did not switch off. Customer Services decided to swap it out for a brand new fridge with the door swapped by an "engineer" prior to delivery. Another "engineer" (read bodge artist) laid the fridge on its back and put his tool box on top of it... WTF?????
Completely hopeless. I wonder how they are still in business.

Sponsored Links
Back