Why is it that some religions believe that Covid restrictions don’t apply to them?

Sponsored Links
In God they trust. A lot of non-religious people feel the same though - certainly not just religious people, but it makes a better news story when it is.

I guess though, one funeral is not as bad as an entire country allowed to pretty much carry on as normal and spread the virus, killing over 100,000 people.

Deaths in Israel: 4,796
Deaths in UK: 106,000

"It's outside, so it's OK!"

London, summer 2020, just before "Rule of 6"

HEALTH-Coronavirus-22165762.jpg

Sponsored Links
That was in September, hardly summer. Again, not illegal or against any Covid rules.
It formed part of the Chancellor's summer economic update on 8 July 2020 (the Plan for Jobs). Under the Scheme Government provided 50% off the cost of food and/or non-alcoholic drinks eaten-in at participating businesses UK-wide. It applied all-day Monday to Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020.Dec 22, 2020
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8978/#:~:text=It formed part of the,3 to 31 August 2020.​

Still warm and sunny here until well into October. ;)
Even some nice sunny balmy days in an average November.

It formed part of the Chancellor's summer economic update on 8 July 2020 (the Plan for Jobs). Under the Scheme Government provided 50% off the cost of food and/or non-alcoholic drinks eaten-in at participating businesses UK-wide. It applied all-day Monday to Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020.Dec 22, 2020
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8978/#:~:text=It formed part of the,3 to 31 August 2020.​

Still warm and sunny here until well into October. ;)
Even some nice sunny balmy days in an average November.

Still don’t see what a government plan to help business has to do with a particular religion deliberately flouting Covid rules. Why have you brought it up in this thread?

Still don’t see what a government plan to help business has to do with a particular religion deliberately flouting Covid rules. Why have you brought it up in this thread?
Let me lead you through the order of events:
1. jonbey listed a picture of crowds eating out, in summer, to illustrate that the behaviour is not limited to any religion.
2. I posted the government advice to support jonbey's picture, kind of like a caption, if you will.
3. you suggested it was not illegal
4. I suggested it was de rigueur, not only 'not illegal'.
5. you suggested that the de rigueur was in September, not in summer.
6. I posted the proof that it was actually in August, therefore in summer, in refutation of your claim and in support of jonbey's position.

Clear now?

Let me lead you through the order of events:
1. jonbey listed a picture of crowds eating out, in summer, to illustrate that the behaviour is not limited to any religion.
Yep, Johnbey posted a picture of people NOT breaking any laws so that was completely irrelevant to the thread but you saw a chance to whinge about a government slogan that you didn’t like. End of story.
If you’re that bothered about the eat out to help out slogan, start a thread of your own about it.

Israel had one of the best responses in the world to Covid and locked down tighter than most countries, but I know they had big problems with the 'orthodox jewish community', I read about a large part of Tel Aviv mainly inhabited by the orthodox's where they had to involve the army to enforce the lockdown.
Their lifestyle is quite different to the majority of the population, there will almost certainly be higher concentrations of people in households, and, er, they come from a smaller genetic pool than the rest of their countrymen.

Sponsored Links
Back