Why so much Gas

Totally wasteful and unnecessary.

Thought you and the rest of the Genius` had opted to go to the combustion chamber and swap ingenious and important ideas on combustion and gas practices that the general public cannot be privvy to, looks like you are slowly coming to the realisiation, that your Ego`s will be more catered to on this, the DIY Forum..... ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Can we do this on a separate thread.

Arguing on a technical point is one thing, but point scoring on such a topic is just pointless and possibly irresponsible.

Did they teach you that repetition on your English course?

Sponsored Links
Should be "geniuses" genius.

Look it up ;) No such word, may be an idea to practice your English Literature before opening your uneducated mouth.. ;)

Literature has naff all to do with it. Geniuses or genii is a matter for debate, your use of apostrophes is not.

Look Di@ckhead, I`m not interested , no such word as ``Geniuses``,

Don`t give a f*uck if you don`t lke it... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cambridge online Dictionary says:-

Definition

genius

noun [C or U] plural geniuses

1 very great and rare natural ability or skill, especially in a particular area such as science or art, or a person who has this:
(an) artistic/creative/musical genius
Einstein was a (mathematical) genius.
From the age of three, she showed signs of genius.
It was such a brilliant idea - a real stroke of genius.

[quote="Agile"; Cambridge online Dictionary says:-

Definition

genius

noun [C or U] plural geniuses

When will you Muppets ever learn, :rolleyes: is ``Gullible `` also in there. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Your Ego`s always stampede above your ability to think about wether you are the one`s being taken for fools. I throw out the line, same old fish..... :D :D

As posted before its the same set up as my own house I have room stats in each main room set at a temperature say 18.

So theoretically the boiler will not come on until one of the rooms falls below that temperature ( i think at night the temp set on stats drops 2 degrees).

And My bill is about £500 a year for a 4 bed 2300sq f ish house so not too bad at all. And we have built about 6 houses this way over the last 4 years and all clients say how good and cheap the underfloor heating is.

This new house with this ferolli boiler seems to be using too much gas as its used £400 over two mounths already.

I just wanted to know if there could be a problem with new boilers using too much that somone may of come across.

There is no way that any boiler can use say five times the normal consumption. It would start to melt!

You can do a check on the actual gas comsumption of the boiler.

Let the heating cool down for a few hours and then turn on the boiler and note the exact start and end meter readings at an interval of two minutes if its a metric meter.

If its an imperial meter then time the seconds for the red pointer to do one revolution.

It sounds as if you have given them a figure which is ten times the actual consumption.

Perhaps you told them it was 750 units when it was 750 cu ft ?

Tony

Might be Agile we just gave them the reding on the meter which was something like 00750.

Out of interest how many new meters are metric and how many imperial thought they would all be metric by now.

Thats an interesting question!

I would have expected that all new meters would be metric but I dont think thats the case!

The Imperial ones are probably cheaper!

Tony

Should be "geniuses" genius.
No such word

From Concise Oxford Dictionary:

genius

• noun (pl. geniuses)
1 exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.
2 an exceptionally intelligent or able person.

3 (pl. genii) (in some mythologies) a spirit associated with a person, place, or institution.
4 the prevalent character or spirit of a nation, period, etc.

So both plural spellings exist; which one you use depends on the context.

Of course, if you think you know better, you can always apply for the job of the resident expert in Dictionary Corner on Countdown. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back