Why won't my lights turn off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My kitshen light switch is a 2 gang unit - the left switch turns my main lights on and off and is one way. The right switch turns my under unit lights on and off and is connected to 2 transformers which feed 4 lights each. One of the light units on one set of the transformers has a switch to allow me to turn the lights off so it is a 2 way sswitch. Therefore, I have a 2 gang switch and one is 1 way and the other 2 way.

This morning the right hand switch for my uner units won't turn the lights off! The main switch (the one way) works fine.

I have rewired the unit but still the same problem, then replaced the switch but still the same problem. I have attached a picture of the wiring which looks wrong to me but I know nothing about wiring to be honest!

Here it is - //www.diynot.com/network/caithalan/albums/2829/10913

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Why the 2nd post when you already have one regarding this problem running?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back