wi fi free???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi peeps just got myself a sony w995 mobile, it has wifi on it and does anyone know if this is totaly free to use and download on once i have connection,

Sponsored Links
Yes its free to use within your own home on your own network.

But in other places with wifi, "hotspots" you may have to have an account with the likes of BT openzone etc. Some places now do have totally free broadband access though now.

Dont bother with "mobile broadband" though. They have no business calling it broadband, its slower than 56k. The slowest internet I've ever used. :evil:

i have no internet included in my contract i just use wi fi round friends houses or if pick up when out and about when find un secured ones,????

Sponsored Links
depends on your contract. My Sony/Ericsson C902 does not have wifi but connects to the net, Vodafone charge me about 46p a day, but only for the days I use it, so for me (I am away from home a couple of days a month) it works out much cheaper than mobile broadband, which I also tried. It is adequately fast for email, DIYnot and stuff. It came with a USB cable to connect it to a PC or laptoy.

Accessing the web on the phone itself is useless, as the screen and keyboard are far too small. It is pretty bad even for trying to read email.

Dont bother with "mobile broadband" though. They have no business calling it broadband, its slower than 56k. The slowest internet I've ever used. :evil:

I find it depends where I am. If I have a good signal and not too much contention I get up to 4 meg or so (7.2-meg Orange contract) on an HP laptop with integrated 3G modem. But, I find that some areas are completely uncovered.

There is never any degree of snappiness to the browsing experience though... you click a link, and there is a delay until the page starts loading. Makes it *feel* slow, and can be irritating. Once it starts though, it's quick.

Latency, to give it the technical term. :D

Back