Wickes Grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,

Has anyone got any experience of this stuff for ceramic tiles with 4mm spacers?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Floor-and-Wall-Tile-Grout/invt/230636

I need grout for bathroom use for tomorrow, so I guess its either that or expensive bal from tops on a Sunday. Regarding bal, is microban wide joint the grout of choice? I've just finished tiling my bathroom, 23sqm so I can imaging I'm going to need a lot of grout \:(

Thank in advance

CoXen

Sponsored Links
Never used it but I would advise to go for quality trade products every time. I use nothing but BAL but there others equally as good; sure it’s not cheap but better than the money it’ll cost you replacing inferior products or, even worse, tile failure. Topps are well known for their rip off DIY prices but if you look the part & push hard enough & you can usually get a discount although not all branches will play ball. Cheaper at your local trade tile outlet & on line but if you want it today then I suppose that’s not really an option.

Are these tiles on the wall or the floor? Dare I ask who’s adhesive you used?

As said by Richard, go for a decent grout, Bal, Mapei or even Webber, dont touch the wickes stuff its crap. There is a saying " pay cheap, pay twice" ya only get what ya pay for

I used unibond floor and wall tile adesive power / cement based. Seems to have gone rock solid, I hope will keep them on the wall. Ended up using 70KG of the stuff all in all.

I went to tops for grout and they tried having me for £40 quid for a 10kg bag.. I honestly thought I would use loads of it so I ended up with wickes white wall grout powder. We'll see what the future holds lol..

Sponsored Links
another thing to think of mate, you may need flexible grout, and to be honest wickes grout has been known to shrink back in the joint. Personally i would go for Bal, Mapei,Webber etc but a "wide joint grout" or even a " flexible wide joint grout" if stud walls, also a good quality anti fungal/mildew silicone sealant

Thanks for coming back to me

In regards to the good quality anti fungal/mildew silicone sealant, is this regarding the silcone sealant?

If so, what can you recommend. my first bathroom installation not just tiling :p

Thanks for coming back to me

In regards to the good quality anti fungal/mildew silicone sealant, is this regarding the silcone sealant?

If so, what can you recommend. my first bathroom installation not just tiling :p

something like " dow corning 786 " mildew resistant sealant

you will need it for around the bath and the internal coners, this rather than grout allows for any expansion due to the heat changes in the bathroom where the walls can slightly move, grout would crack away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back