Widespread violence in west midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Not profiling, statistics.
Let me get this right.

Suppose a young child has been reported for stealing sweets.
So the Met already been described as bigoted toward young children, stop many more children than any other group. They claim to be looking for stolen sweets.

Then the 'statistics are published. What does it show?
That far more young children were found to be in possession of sweets than any other category of person.
The data does not show that far more young children were stopped than any other group.
If the criteria had been a fair distribution of the population to be stopped (along similar lines as polling criteria) the statistics would have shown a different result.

Needless to say, the young children grow up living with a stigma, and understandably develop a distrust of the police.

Don't bother, I'll help you out nojob...

"7.5 stop and searches for every 1,000 white people, compared with 52.6 for every 1,000 black people"
(7 x more likely stops to be black according to government figures)

And yet more white people commit for example knife crime than ethnic minorities, so can you explain this disparity?

Sponsored Links
Don't bother, I'll help you out nojob...

"7.5 stop and searches for every 1,000 white people, compared with 52.6 for every 1,000 black people"
(7 x more likely stops to be black according to government figures)

And yet more white people commit for example knife crime than ethnic minorities, so can you explain this disparity?
The police can't win no matter what they do.
If they stop and search they will be called racist.
If they don't stop and search they will be accused of not doing their job when people start to ask why so many young black men are dying.

So have you been posting fake news and imaginary information since you joined the forum, just 13 days ago?

Maybe you should change your username to "all P*** and wind Freddie".
maybe you should change your name to the forum police

The police can't win no matter what they do.
If they stop and search they will be called racist.
If they don't stop and search they will be accused of not doing their job when people start to ask why so many young black men are dying.
They can start doing their job without favouritism or favour.

I agree with your sentiments but knives are not the only reason for SUS. This for instance needs more details - some sort of what for grading maybe. The numbers have to be related to population levels. All sorts of factors can figure.

It gives racists ammunition.

TBH I feel that ethnic minorities need to realise why SUS is used and the end results as far as minorities are concerned. An alternative would be to play snooker with skin colour. Pick all the shades and make sure numbers are equal.

I agree with your sentiments but knives are not the only reason for SUS. This for instance needs more details - some sort of what for grading maybe. The numbers have to be related to population levels. All sorts of factors can figure.

It gives racists ammunition.

TBH I feel that ethnic minorities need to realise why SUS is used and the end results as far as minorities are concerned. An alternative would be to play snooker with skin colour. Pick all the shades and make sure numbers are equal.
The victims are usually young black men
The attacker's are usually young black men
I don't think the police are being racist if they stop and search young black men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back