Wild swimming

Come to think of it you never see any muslim women winning much at the Olympics either, must be hard to run jump and swim in a bhurka though. :LOL:
Aha. At last someone has fallen into my trap, and that I have forced you to misbehave

Sponsored Links
Back in the days when I had the time, I used to do lots of climbing and mountaineering and it was always good to cool off in a mountain tarn or a stream at the end of a long walk or bike ride. One of the best ever was the Etive river, which runs over flat glaciated slabs on Rannoch Moor and is solar heated by the time it drops down the glen. My cousin and I found a glorious rock pool a good 50 yards long and deep enough for diving, warm, clear and with several freezing waterfalls pouring in off the mountainside above. My wife and I spent our first night together camping on a small peninsula in Angle Tarn above Patterale and skinny-dipped in the morning. We also often swam in burns when we had come down off the mountain during our honeymoon, which we spent climbing in Scotland. There's nothing better than wild swimming, as long as the water is warm enough.

Back in the days when I had the time, I used to do lots of climbing and mountaineering and it was always good to cool off in a mountain tarn or a stream at the end of a long walk or bike ride. One of the best ever was the Etive river, which runs over flat glaciated slabs on Rannoch Moor and is solar heated by the time it drops down the glen. My cousin and I found a glorious rock pool a good 50 yards long and deep enough for diving, warm, clear and with several freezing waterfalls pouring in off the mountainside above. My wife and I spent our first night together camping on a small peninsula in Angle Tarn above Patterale and skinny-dipped in the morning. We also often swam in burns when we had come down off the mountain during our honeymoon, which we spent climbing in Scotland. There's nothing better than wild swimming, as long as the water is warm enough.

One of my favourite places is Glen Etive. I havn't swum there but drove along it many years ago. What a spectacular place it is. I thought at one point that we were going to get cut off when all the water from the hills started to flood across the road but we made it back in one piece. I also remember the lone phone box completely in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored Links
Where did you get in?

In the East End of London. There was a concrete ramp going down to the river in a kind of inlet, so long as you didn't swim past the inlet into the open river you were ok. Past that and I'm sure the tide would sweep you away.

In the East End back in those days it was safe to go in the river , and swim, everyone looked after their own.

It all changed though, when the Krayfish twins murdered Jack the Sprat McVitie.

Where did you get in?

In the East End of London. There was a concrete ramp going down to the river in a kind of inlet, so long as you didn't swim past the inlet into the open river you were ok. Past that and I'm sure the tide would sweep you away.

In the East End back in those days it was safe to go in the river , and swim, everyone looked after their own.

It all changed though, when the Krayfish twins murdered Jack the Sprat McVitie.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And, of course, Jack the Kipper was long gone

Sponsored Links
Back