Wild swimming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of friends have swum in the manchester ship canal at salford quays as well as in Windermere. Watching countryfile in the background, I was taken by some woman who swims in random lakes and rivers across the UK.

Have any of you ever done any wild swimming, or fancy it?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A couple of friends have swum in the manchester ship canal at salford quays as well as in Windermere. Watching countryfile in the background, I was taken by some woman who swims in random lakes and rivers across the UK.

Have any of you ever done any wild swimming, or fancy it?

I used to swim in the Thames when I was a kid. Definitely used to come out dirtier than when I went in. The trick was not to put your feet down otherwise you would get stuck in the thick mud.

Where did you get in?

In the East End of London. There was a concrete ramp going down to the river in a kind of inlet, so long as you didn't swim past the inlet into the open river you were ok. Past that and I'm sure the tide would sweep you away.

Did lots when I was younger: Swan Pool, NEC lake, Edgbaston reservoir, Lake Bala (three mile swim), River Severn (mile swim at Worcester), Bournemouth, and of course loads of numerous coastal places.

Now I really must go!

Come to think of it you never see any muslim women winning much at the Olympics either, must be hard to run jump and swim in a bhurka though. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back