Window showing signs of condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The UPVC windows in my house are showing signs of condensation and this is darkening the net curtains . Can this possibly be repaired or what can be done to correct this.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20220112_113207.jpg
    20220112_113207.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220112_113148.jpg
    20220112_113148.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
There are companies which suggest they can repair and reseal them, but the other option is one of replacing the complete panel.

If the condensation is on the inside of the glass and the frames, simply drying it off every morning with a cloth and leaving the window open for 10 minutes would likely resolve the problem. If the condensation is between the panes of the sealed unit then the sealed unit needs replacing.

Sponsored Links
You need to clean up the mould which is all over the cill and which by the sound of it is all over the nets. You are causing the condensation, wipe it up.

Your problem is excessive humidity.

Find and correct the cause.

Does anybody drape wet washing inside the house, on radiators or airers?

Does your bathroom have an effective extractor fan?

Is rain getting in?

Do your windows have trickle vents or a small ventilation setting?

The op seems to have fired and run, without even confirming whether the moisture is on the inside, or between his panes of DG.. His 'be repaired' suggested to me that the issue was maisture between the panes of the DG.

Apologies, I was away .

Does anybody drape wet washing inside the house, on radiators or airers? yes my wife does i will have to get this stopped

Does your bathroom have an effective extractor fan? yes it does i believe

Is rain getting in? No not at all

Do your windows have trickle vents or a small ventilation setting? No it doesn't it's an old style window

Do your windows have trickle vents or a small ventilation setting? No it doesn't it's an old style window

Trickle vents can often be retrofitted to uPVC units. It really can be as simple as just drilling a series of whole through the uPVC frame and then screwing on the vent covers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Trickle-Double-Glazing-Window/dp/B003CKQP40?th=1

The above is just to show you what they look like. They can be purchased elsewhere for less.

If you are interested in fitting some, take photos of the upper parts of the windows. That said, looking at your's I suspect they can't be but others might be able to give you a definitive answer.

Apologies, I was away .

Does anybody drape wet washing inside the house, on radiators or airers? yes my wife does i will have to get this stopped

Does your bathroom have an effective extractor fan? yes it does i believe

Is rain getting in? No not at all

If there is some reason why indoor draping has to continue, put a line over the bath and run the extractor fan all the time, with the door and window shut. It will remove the water vapour from your home and prevent it spreading through the house.

Trickle vents can often be retrofitted to uPVC units. It really can be as simple as just drilling a series of whole through the uPVC frame and then screwing on the vent covers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Trickle-Double-Glazing-Window/dp/B003CKQP40?th=1

The above is just to show you what they look like. They can be purchased elsewhere for less.

If you are interested in fitting some, take photos of the upper parts of the windows. That said, looking at your's I suspect they can't be but others might be able to give you a definitive answer.

Yes sadly, I would be unable to retrofit on my windows . I have now decided to change the windows. They must be 20 - 25 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back