Window Wood Primer paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have stripped all external paint from my wooden windows for my kitchen extension, treated, filled and sanded.
Checking around my garage I have only a white Interior wood Farrow & Ball Primer rather than exterior wood primer, though I do have Farrow & Ball white exterior Wood paint.

My question, can I use my F&B Interior wood primer on exterior windows?..........with Corona Virus don't really want to be searching for exterior primer paint..........if I use Interior will this cause problems with durability?

Sponsored Links
I try to avoid Farrow and ball paints but I would imagine that the only difference between the interior and exterior primers is the addition of fungicides.

The exterior wood paint has fungicides in it so my advice would be to use the primer that you already have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back