Winters coming, winter story

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just found and joined this site and was reading some of the diasters, very funny, and here's one of mine.

As a kid of 16 doing up and old mini cooper, in a very drafty old shed in the middle of snowy winter, i decide to go up on the very high roof and block a few of the holes up, to stop the wind gailing through. You can tell it was pretty terrible weather conditions and not really a good time to go prattin about on a roof! On my own in this farm yard, I found a long, old wooden ladder, propped it up against the shed and up i went.

After stuffing some rags in to holes, I decided to get down off the roof. I looked over the edge and gulped at the distance down to the bottom of the ladder, which was stood in 3 inch's of snow. I'd gone about two rungs down when the the ladder slid out from under me, luckily for me, not all the way. It slipped half way down the building and jammed. I grappled with the edge of the roof for about 3 seconds then fell about 20 ft..... landing on the ladder..... one leg either side of a rung..... ohoooooooo, that hurt!
And there I hung for some time, unable to move! shan't be doin that again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back