Wintex Connection Could not be Established

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am connecting with Wintex for the first time and not sure why it will not connect

I created a new site and added the upt password in the site details.

When I connect using PC-Com it just says reading panel type and serial number then after a few moments an error saying it can not connect

Is there anything else I needed to do?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Did you go into engineering on the panel and put in a UDL code ?
One was already set I suspect for my SmartComm module for setting and unsetting the alarm.

I also try connect via that but it says the same error.

I plug the cable into the engineering keypad plug on the left hand side of the board.

No ….it plugs on the com port ….the smartcom takes com1 and 2 , you would have to use the com port + adaptor or connect via smartcom

No ….it plugs on the com port ….the smartcom takes com1 and 2 , you would have to use the com port + adaptor or connect via smartcom
You mean the one top middle where you put the red ribbon cable on the left with the 1.

I did that also and got same error.

I also get same error with SmartComm which works fine on the app?

You can’t just unplug the com port and plug something else on ! ….post picture of your panel pcb …
Thank you, attached is the two ports I tried.

Top one with the PCB adaptor and switch on PROG and the other with the cable directly.

Attachments

• IMG_20240224_213807.jpg
    IMG_20240224_213807.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 25
Comport + plugs onto digi modem giving you an extra com port

Attachments

• IMG_5923.jpeg
    IMG_5923.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5924.png
    IMG_5924.png
    630.9 KB · Views: 30
So I need to solder this on to my panel? Is there no way to use it without soldering it on?

Or can I unplug the smart comm and use com2 then replug back in after I'm done?

Think I've solved it. I unplugged the COM1/2 and connected the Wintex cable to the Com2 and boom she connected.

Really appreciate all you help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back