Wintex help to transfer setting from old to newpanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there ,
Before I download wintex from Texecom, I need to know if it is possible to tranfer settings form a Premier88 v3 to a new premier 88
I moved in a property 8 years ago and the system was already fittet to the property, It has been working perfectly and still is
But because I now want to install a ComWifi inside the panel, it need version 7 or higher for the comwifi to work.
Therefore I can flash the firmware or fit new panel, I heard that sometime people have problem flashing and ended up throwing panel away. So I decide to replace to identical panel with up to date firmware.
I have not used Wintex before , so need to know if i can save the present panel settings and once the swap is done , transfer the settings to new panel.

Is this feasible,

Thank you if you can help

Sponsored Links
No not from non elite to elite , best bet is copy old panel to wintex , open new elite config and program new elite panel by checking page by page , I found it better to print out the old config and do it that way .

I have been recently re educated in this regard by another installer.

you can go from none elites version 48,88,168 to elites, but you have to go step wise up to version 10, before jumping to the elite.

I haven't tried this but they assure me that is the case and I have no reason to doubt him, worse case scenario if it didn't work, you would default the new panel, and then start from scratch. If you open 2 lots of wintex you can copy and paste between the two and as the layout is similar, (more options as you go up) it shouldbe be too hard to follow.

Sponsored Links
From previous upgrades I wouldn't ! it may all seem fine but not till later when you find strange issues happening , better to start from scratch

He assures me its fine may be one day I will find out for myself, if there is a lot of data to transfer and its worth a risk. radio I would certainly start from scratch with as I be updating the expander, no point having a new panel and an expander that cant handle it.

Worst case your starting from scratch any way, but it doesn't take long to go through wintex updating step by step.

Strange issues, can be from many things, starting from scratch eliminates a few to start with.

Thanks to everyone
Well if this is the case to go program the new panel from scratch it will have to do but it's going to be a tedious task for 28 zones
I have not use Wintex before so I will have to play with it a bit before getting the hang to it

Any help and step to follow with Wintex to read settings from old panel or tips will be much appreciated

what equipment have you got (coms)?

to read the data, you need a communicator, usb com/ pc com or.... connected to the panels com port to read to wintex.

just connect onto the com port 1, and the other end into the pc

depending if you system has the drivers installed, will depend on what happens next.

But start by opening wintex an creating an account for the old panel premier 88 Version 3 then try and connect to the panel using connect pc com, com1.

then let us know what it says, as that will determine on what happens/ needs to be done next.

I have got my new elite 88, I tried with the USB com to connect and was successfull to read data
But have problem connecting with my premier88 I jst mange to get date of installation and then it shows communication error
I tried 1234 as udl password also tried tha last 4 digit of engineer password but no success

Ok... more problems, I just have noticed that If I disconnect the main supply I get full alarm, keypad are disable and the only to stop is to connect supply and access code , the batteries (2) have been replaced a month ago and are in good health. so the pannel is working on main supply, have checked all fuses and are ok, have also noted that have lost time and date

Bit confused now !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back