Wireless boiler thermostat keep says find ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a wireless thermostat ( British Gas SLT 2) which stopped working after being turned off over the summer. My boiler also showed a pressure of zero hence I have just topped up the pressure to 1 today. No lights are flashing on the boiler and hot water has been running fine. But when I tried to reconnect the thermostat with the boiler it keeps saying find on the screen. And after a few minutes it shows timeout.

Sponsored Links
327B4017-D4D8-4B71-B3E0-16D80F6E9DED.jpeg

Yes I have replaced battery several times now. It is a wireless thermostat. Now every time I put in the battery it just says find, and with a timer, then after a while it says time out

Sponsored Links
Have you tried re-binding it as per link, and is the receiver on and working?

I managed to find the box which shows a red light on the status. I am thinking to reset it but as I just moved in and I don’t have this device on the app. Is there a way to reset and pair it to the receiver without the app?

This standalone box is now flashing double amber... the official manual says to enter the pair mode by setting from the app.. but this is a stand-alone thermostat hence no hub and not connected to the app... how can I turn this into a pair mode now anyone knows? It has been flashing double amber for the past 30 minutes and my flat is hot like a sauna place

sounds like the previous tenant/owner has taken the hive hub with them

Even if they didn't take the hub, I think you would need their login details to get the app working. I thought you only needed the hub to control it through the app and could use it as a stand alone unit. In fact I know you can. My mum has a wireless Gen 2 Hive thermostat and receiver and she definitely doesn’t have the hive hub or app.

actually - got it working in the end without the hub. If you restart the receiver and press it until it flash pink or white that means it is ready to pair without the hub. And then I managed to connect it back to the thermostat

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hope this is also helpful to those who does not a hub. Don’t press it till it flashes double amber ! That way you need to pair it via the app. But press it until it flashes pink/ white

Hi I'm having the same problem. I have the pink light flashing. How did you connect it back to the thermostat? Did you have to press any buttons on the thermostat? The message I have says Rejoin. When I tried earlier it eventually said Timedout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back