wireless phone jacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
just bought a RTX wireless phone Jack to be able to link the sky box to the telephone, however i now have a problem that as soon as i connect the line up, the internet speed drops to nothing, i have now taken the jack out and have reset the router but it is still running slow, has anyone else had this problem
Ivan

Sponsored Links
Hi There,

Sounds like you need an ADSL (micro) filter. You will have probably received a couple of these with your router. They are small boxes that plug into your phone sockets that have two outputs phone and adsl. You should need a filter on every active phone socket (i.e. every phone socket that has a telecoms device attached). If you don't have any spare, they can be picked up cheaply from the usual places ebay, ebuyer, amazon etc.. Here is a link to one on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-11249-AD...42XM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1340967362&sr=8-4

Probably worth spending the extra couple of quid on a BT one, as I've had problems in the past with the really cheap ones (97p!).

Cheers

Wireless connection is never as fast as a wired connection though. If I use my wifi card to connect my computer to the router, my speed drops by about 8Mb/sec compared to the ethernet cable.

Sponsored Links
Back