wireless to wired

VPN server by definition is an point of access to a network for remote computers via dialup or the internet. designed to give access not stop it.
so now you have an access point from the internet connection as well as the wireless access point.

Wow. So not only could you hack his wireless but get into his VPN too?! I'm going to make sure my VPL is hidden from now on.

Sponsored Links
I might not be able but there are people out there that can.
You can purchase a pda designed to hack and access wireless networks.
The only safe wireless network is one that is turned off.
At least with a wire you can block all ports into you network.

Basically, the guy has read a bit, interpreted it as an easy way to hack a wireless connection and an VPN, rolled it about in his head and spewed it out as complete ******.

He says, turn off protection and he'll get in. Wow, kind of like leaving your front door wide open and saying rob me. Not exactly difficult.

There is no one program that will easily break a WPA key and you have to be able to inject your own packets.

Yes, there are loads of unprotected access points, but that's due to the ignorance of the user and the useless salesman who doesn't advise his customers about security.

At the end of the day, if someone really wants access, they will find a way. However, the chances of anyone bothering with an encrypted access point or VPN, just on the off chance that they will capture the all so vital packets, are extremely slim.

Simply another scaremongering post.

Sponsored Links
ratonnastick said:
At least with a wire you can block all ports into you network.
In that case you could just stay with your string and glue network and leave everyone who isn't vibratingly paranoid to get on with their lives.

Basically, the guy has read a bit, interpreted it as an easy way to hack a wireless connection and an VPN, rolled it about in his head and spewed it out as complete ****.

He says, turn off protection and he'll get in. Wow, kind of like leaving your front door wide open and saying rob me. Not exactly difficult.

There is no one program that will easily break a WPA key and you have to be able to inject your own packets.

Yes, there are loads of unprotected access points, but that's due to the ignorance of the user and the useless salesman who doesn't advise his customers about security.

At the end of the day, if someone really wants access, they will find a way. However, the chances of anyone bothering with an encrypted access point or VPN, just on the off chance that they will capture the all so vital packets, are extremely slim.

Simply another scaremongering post.

I agree with this post totally, you would need to be quite a geek to get in and the rewards would not be great enough for said geek to do it on a home network.

ok sorry people was playing with Softus a bit.
No offence intended to Softus :oops: (good comments worth reading.)

But back to the original topic
The connection would not work because XP needs a new protocol so vista can see the drives and Norton firewall even when turned off stoped the connection working had to remove Norton from the laptop to make it work.

Still prefer wired network. Rather spend one day running wires, than two days sorting out the security on a wireless :)

VPN server by definition is an point of access to a network for remote computers via dialup or the internet. designed to give access not stop it.
so now you have an access point from the internet connection as well as the wireless access point.

Wow. So not only could you hack his wireless but get into his VPN too?! I'm going to make sure my VPL is hidden from now on.

So you should madam, you wouldn't want to get a 'name' for yourself :eek:

Rather spend one day running wires, than two days sorting out the security on a wireless

Why not spend only 2 mins and use homeplug...it will give you some degree of portability and means you can spend the extra time abusing Softus some more. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back