1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

wireless wi-fi router

Discussion in 'Software' started by mickthegas, 27 Dec 2012.

1. mickthegas

mickthegas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi guys,hope you can help with this one,got a black spot in the house cant get no signal for net,do they do a wireless wi-fi extender have got a wired netgear router a the mo,any help or advice would be great,cheers guys

2. WoodYouLike

WoodYouLike

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I use this TP-link myself with great results - in combination with a netgear router

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. LeCutus

LeCutus

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You could look at a simple powerline device.

Plug the brick into the wall socket at each end and connect one to your existing router and the other to your computer in the black-spot.

Alternatively connect a cheap WiFi gateway to the powerline brick in the black spot if you want to use WiFi.

One small point that is often missed when extending a WiFi system. You need to put the extender in a spot where it can receive your current WiFi at a decent bitrate and also will supply a WiFi signal at the required bit-rate in the black-spot. That is not always an easy thing to achieve, consequently I recommended a powerline solution to bring your network into the black-spot area. You can then use a wired or wireless solution in that area as you require.

Hope that helps.

Gary

5. Norahgreen

Norahgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  6. Sponsored Links