Wiring 3 smoke alarms and extractor fans

diyer001 said:
I must pick on the point you have made ie "Can you multiply 3 x 3? Is the answer 3". Can you please be kind enough to explain how this equation works when attempting to calculate current consumption of a electrical device, ie my lighting circuit is a 6amp and assuming that I have 3 lights connected, by your logic if I now connect 9 lights I 'll need 18amps?. Please do explain as I'm very keen to learn from a professional.
Not the same at all. Your lighting circuit is 6A, but your 3 lights do not add up to 6A. If each light was a 460W device, then yes, adding another 6 would mean that you needed an 18A supply. But since they are (probably) not 460W items, you wouldn't.

The question you asked was "If the rating for a device is 3amps and say you have three of them. Can you use one 3amp spur box to connect all of them or do you need a separate box for each?".

If each one is 3A, then 3 of them total 9A. It's not that hard....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back