Wiring an LED driver to a 230v mains plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to wire an LED driver/power supply to a mains plug in order to power a bluetooth lighting timer (see photo)

It seems to be a pretty simple job, but can anyone advise on the way I would shield the wires going to the plug? Is it possible to use heat shrink?

Many thanks,
Sam
tempImagenrwVVQ.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would probably put it all inside a plastic enclosure of some sort and run a flex to it rather than sleeve the wire. Where is the supply and timer being fitted?

I would probably put it all inside a plastic enclosure of some sort and run a flex to it rather than sleeve the wire. Where is the supply and timer being fitted?
Thanks for your reply. They will be fitted on the ceiling, where there is a power outlet, so I could attach all the elements in an enclosure up there.

Thanks for your reply. They will be fitted on the ceiling, where there is a power outlet, so I could attach all the elements in an enclosure up there.
It would make a neater job. Enclosures should be available from electrical wholesalers or somewhere on the internet - just depends on how big and what you want

Sponsored Links
Dont forget about any cooling that the power supply might need ie small holes in the encloure although i dont think the timer load will tax the supply unduly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back