Wiring an oddesey box to a texecom premier elite panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've wired an oddesey siren box using the attached wiring configuration at the panel. I think that this is how it was wired at the siren box but unfortunately I am unsure as this was done by my builder many months ago. I don't fancy getting so high up on the ladder and wondering what I can do at the panel end please.

Currently, the led lights on the siren are blinking but I don't have any sound or strobe. As a test, I shoved the 0v into the Bell terminal and this had no effect, apart from switching off the blinking led.

I suspect that the wiring on the bell box is not consistent but it may even be a menu option that has to be enabled. Can someone please advise. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bell.png
    bell.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 26,566
Sponsored Links
the wiring couldn't be much simplier, its ABCDS to ABCDS, if its a grade 3 bellbox variant you can wire in the bell fault to the aux fault or a zone. Howevre your bulder wouldn't have done a grade 3 install I suspect.

Think you need to check whats in the bell box and has it ever worked?

by the way you would still need the Ov wire connecting as well as the bell trigger wire to zero volts to trigger.

also since theres nothing at all when you remove the zero volts the battery jumper in the bell box hasn't been enabled I suspect

It's a brand new bell box but been connected for the first time. I assume you picked up in my initial message that the Led is flashing on the bell box? I assume this means that it is showing some sign of life.

I suspect that the wires on the bell box are in different terminals to that specified in the diagram. I was wondering if there are a few variations I could try before having to sort things out at the bell box end? Presumably, one of the wires is correct since I am getting the Led. I don't think Tamper is absolutely necessary? Does that mean that there are a few likely combinations that may be worth trying?

Also, I noticed a u ring running between tamper and 0v. Should this be removed?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree here!
I know that all the terminals on the bell box are wired. I just don't know which cable has gone where. Hence, can I not try a few combinations on the control panel to see if it jumps to life? Presumably the wires for the LED light are correct as that is currently blinking.

I am just trying to avoid the delay of having the builder coming around and climbing up to the bell box again.

How do you know they are connected if you haven't looked?

The fact it isn't working suggests :-

There is a fault, now I have no idea why its not working, but cables are not always correctly terminated.

The odyssey bell box LED's indicate the status of the bell box, depending on how they are both behaving.
correct operations shows a slow blink left right left right, a rapid flash, or a single LED indicates a fault, most likely, the tamper switch isn't properly engaged (adjustable inside the bell box), odyssey X, you would need to lift up the cover, open the plastic internal cover and adjust the tamper screw, so that when the plastic cover is replaced the tamper switch clicks and it is then screwed up and secured.

Secondly we already know that when you remove power the bell box doesn't fire suggesting that the battery back up in the bell has not been switched on using the jumper. So someone needs to go up to the bell box anyway.

So as previously suggested you need to get up the ladder and have a look, take pictures if necessary, but its not configured properly at the bell box regardless of the wiring so you may as well look at it all properly????

Yes, it's possible that the terminations are not perfect but I remember the builder stating that all cables are connected. I also have recollections of him following a wiring diagram but clearly not the one that I've posted here.

Based on the above, my LED's are blinking left to right which would suggest a normal operation and presumably, that my tamper is correctly positioned inside the box?

On the battery back-up, this appears to be a backup facility but it shouldn't be the cause of what I am experiencing here? Yes, I understand that this will also need to be resolved.

In the meantime, I've asked the builder to come around with his ladder...

I could tell You I am a millionaire but is it true? Not saying the builder is lying.

I have seen cables joined so that those in the bell box don't match those in the panel, but at least you know they are connected, if you look.
I have know people get there alarmed system checked out after they have been robbed only to find that there external sounder that isn't working (could be seen from the outside that it wasn't and confirmed with a test), as builders had moved the bell box and not reconnected the power cable (years earlier).

If you have 6 core cable 2 for power, 1 for tamper, 1 for bell and 1 for strobe so you have 1 spare, I would put a link between 0V and tamper and look for it last, and just take the spare wires one at a time to zero volts and see if the bell siren sounds or strobe fires.

Thanks @secureiam :)

what does this mean please?
I would put a link between 0V and tamper and look for it last

there is already a link (u shaped) between these terminals. I've not removed this as per earlier message.

Once the above is cleared up, I can get to work!

well you can leave it in for now, as it will just make things a little easier, although where possible I always recommend having the tamper

@secureiam I've just got around to looking at this and was planning to implement your suggestion. However, I already have a wire in 0v.
For clarity, I have a 8 core cable and currently 5 are connected to the following: 12v, 0v, Bell, Siren and Strobe. This is causing the led to blink on the siren but it is not setting off with the alarm.

Any help will be gratefully received.

clearly we have a communication problem.

I strongly suggest a picture of connections at the bell and panel ends

I can get a picture of the panel end. The purpose of this thread was to establish whether there is any thing else I can "try" on the panel end to determine the wiring configuration at the siren as I don't have a ladder to pull apart the box. Hope that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back