Wiring an oddesey box to a texecom premier elite panel

well you need to know how its wired in the bell box, doing things randomly is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as you clearly have tried random and you can't resolve you need pictures both ends.

If you don't have the means to do the job get what you need so you can.

to test the bell from the panel you can do a bell test, but all that will do is send a signal done the bell core(cable) to the bell, if not connected it wont trigger.
To test it manually, you take the bell wire out of the panel and put it in zero volts.

if you can see the leds on the bell box take a short video of the leds alternating (or not as the case maybe), this will tell me what the bell box is doing.

Sponsored Links
maybe he just put power to the bell, been to jobs were builders haven disabled power and never reconnected it and worse.

That said went to do a service on a predominately wireless system recently, the bell box's weren't even securely fixed to the wall, no plugs and 1 screw, tell a lie there were two screws on one of them, but with no plugs they rattled around a fair bit, surprised after 1 year that they were still on the wall with the beast from the east etc.

Customer tells me they have had a few bell tampers and installer didn't come out to sort, wont go on about the rest of the system, now its in a reasonable shape but the list of recommendations wasn't small, lets say that.

Sponsored Links
amazes me, that customers don't get things checked are still functional after work is carried out.

mind you if I believe what some customers tell me they don't even get a demo on how to use the alarm let alone show that each component is working.

I know I'm shooting in the dark here guys...
I tried the strobe test and nothing happens. The led light continues to blink on the external box.
Also, when I try the bell test, my internal sounders go off but nothing from the outside box.

the picture of the panel end will show up the internal sounders connected.

the external ones don't appear to be connected at the bell box end, or possibly the panel or both.

any bell box with comfort leds will flash with just pos and neg connected for the bell power (A and D terminals in this case).

this leaves us with BC and S, B bell trigger, C bell tamper and S strobe trigger.

OK..I've decided to order a ladder and take a look at what's happening with the wiring at the bell end. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this please?
Also, other than all the wires being connected, is there anything else i need to check or adjust with the bell? I seem to recall some mention of a battery and jumpers?

Thanks again.

wiring is easy as a to a bto b and so on, the jumpers in the bell box probably wont need changing but take a picture when you have the ladders, I am sure we can help you out then

I would do it properly like Secure says but you have power to the bell and 3 wires left and tried 1 of them into strobe... didn’t work. Try the other 2 separately into the strobe terminal and test?
If that works then do the same with trigger connection.
You will still need a ladder to change the jumper in the bell to work on battery.

Based on the above advice, ive now tracked down the strobe wire. With two for power and 1 for strobe, I have 2 wires unaccounted for. When I put one of these in the bell terminal and test the bell, nothing happens. When I put the final wire into the bell terminal and power up the system, my internal sounders go off (I assume that the siren outside does too) but not been able to verify this. Is there a reason why these sounded are going off before I do a bell test? I think I'm close to cracking this. Over to the experts again

picture of wiring may help, what internal sounders were you using?

if yo measure with a volt meter between bell trigger and 0V what do you get?

I have two twin alerts (sounder and speakers) also wired into the bell terminal. They are working correctly. However, when I wire one of the wires from the external siren into the bell terminal, the internal sounders go off as soon as I apply power.

Unfortunately, I don't have a volt meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back