Wiring for 8.7 kw shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did say it has no fuse on the board, its wired from rcbo 80 to the meter then to in incomer via there 60a fuse.
Its a old wylex cu with the old style fuse's with rated wire running through them. All it has is a on/off.

So am i right then, i can fit a 40a mcb to the cu then go to the shower via a rcd. shower is only 5m away so will be in 6mm t/e, will also run earth via pull switch to light, as said have no copper in the bathroom. but if i need to i would bond to it via the pull switch earth.

Does that meet with everyones approval?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
handyme said:
think you all need to be honest with yourselves should you be in the game, i work for a large disabled/elderly bathroom company fitting showers every week.

your all talking s**t, you can put a 40 mcb onto that board then run it to the shower via a rcd.

Unless your calling the sparks at work a lier and we are nic reg.

Thanks for all you help. A straight forward answer would have Sufficed, the question was HOW would you do it not why or where fore you should.

thanks for all your help

Whoops --- Have I angered someone?

Wylex.JPG

What does this part of the CU say?

never get angry, all i asked for was a straight foward answer, HOW would you do it. Would you do it this way or the other way.

So im i right then.....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
handyme said:
think you all need to be honest with yourselves should you be in the game, i work for a large disabled/elderly bathroom company fitting showers every week.
Then you should be a qualified electrician, registered as a competent person with one of the schemes to allow you to certify your work as being compliant with the building regulations.

What the **** kind of large company employs people to install showers in people's homes, as a commercial undertaking, who are so ignorant and incompetent that they need to come to a DIY advice site to find out how to connect it up, and who are incapable of answering the very important questions asked of them?

your all talking s**t, you can put a 40 mcb onto that board
Maybe you can. On some old boards you can't, and since you have not seen fit to answer the question about the CU incomer rating, despite being asked three times, we only have your word for that.

then run it to the shower via a rcd.
Maybe you can. If you understood about discrimination you would know, or if you had seen fit to fully answer the question about the rating of the existing RCD we could tell you.

Unless your calling the sparks at work a lier and we are nic reg.
If your company is NICEIC registered then you must have at least one employee who isn't a complete knuckle-dragger. Why isn't he doing the electrical work, instead of someone who doesn't have a clue what he is doing, will not listen to what people tell him, and is possibly about to do something dangerous?

Thanks for all you help. A straight forward answer would have Sufficed, the question was HOW would you do it not why or where fore you should.
You have been given a straightforward answer on how to do it:

securespark said:
No, you should NOT put a 40A breaker on that board.

I would recommend changing the CU for a split-load arrangement, and to call a Part P certified electrician to do the work.

Given the age of your CU, the spark can check that the rest of your equipment is up to scratch, check the main bonding to gas and water mains pipes too and maybe even issue a PIR so you can assess the condition of the rest of your install.

but you have absolutely no intention of following that advice, do you?

who said i do the electrical works,

keep ya hair on ban, or are u bald already..lol

handyme said:
i did say it has no fuse on the board, its wired from rcbo 80 to the meter then to in incomer via there 60a fuse.
Its a old wylex cu with the old style fuse's with rated wire running through them. All it has is a on/off.

So am i right then, i can fit a 40a mcb to the cu then
NO YOU ARE NOT RIGHT, AND NO YOU CANNOT.

There - has the message got through to you now?

If I knew who you worked for, and where, I wouldn't hesitate for one second to notify the appropriate Trading Standards dept, LABC and NICEIC.

said nothing of doing the electrics at work, and how said this was for work arseh**e, upset r u.....

and yes you can do it that way.......................

handyme said:
said nothing of doing the electrics at work, and how said this was for work arseh**e, upset r u.....

Just read all of this post and have come to the conclusion that either you are a wind up merchant or a complete prat. If your firm is NIC registered and your firm employs a competent sparks, why are you even asking on here?.

handyme said:

Do what, what way?.

how simple could the question be how would you do it. Just wanted to check what sort information you get on these sites, seems to me, u all think u know everything, but even some of you can't agree looking at other posts this site. I have several friends who are sparks thanks but wanted to sort this one on me own, before i got on of them to connect the wiring/testing for me.

All i wanted was some friendly advice so i could do all the preparation. But hey i've worked with loads of sparks in the past and just goes to prove the point most of you are right up yourselves. Unlike us plumbers........ Up the plumbers.....................................

If we request information which you can't provide, then what do you expect?
Would you prefer bad advice to the advice you were given?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back