Wiring Hive to Vokera compact combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, trying to connect a hive to a Vokera compact 28 combi. The boiler has no external controls connected to it and runs of built in mechanical programmer and the boiler is connected directly to a 3 amp spur.
Screenshot_20191022_190900.jpg

I want to keep boiler on constant and use hive to turn on / off at temperature, do I wire the power cable from boiler to 1 & 3 as shown in diagram and should this operate like switch? Any help and advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022_190900.jpg
    Screenshot_20191022_190900.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 5,511
Sponsored Links
I want to keep boiler on constant and use hive to turn on / off at temperature, do I wire the power cable from boiler to 1 & 3 as shown in diagram and should this operate like switch? Any help and advice would be appreciated!
Nope which compact do you have there are loads of them

Compact 28, it's an older boiler. The instructions in the manual are below.
Screenshot_20191021_155643_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

That's the boiler and that's all it says about fitting external controls
Screenshot_20191022_195128_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022_195041_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20191022_195041_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ok, so when following your above instructions which you gave to someone else. Do I need to unwire the timer clock and replace them with the 5 core cable which will also wire into the hive receiver?

Again depends if your boiler is the same if it looks the same as that pic then yes, if it doesnt look like that pic then it may be different, there are many models of Vokera Compact

Yep, exactly the same as the pic and the same as the above wiring diagrams. So basically just replacing the timer wiring with my 5 core flex cable by following your simple instructions. Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Hi Matthew,

I have the same boiler as you. Just wondering how you went with installing the hive was it all ok with the above instructions?

Thanks
Ben

Hi everyone,

I’m in the same position, in addition to all the above, excluding the L&N, my boiler has two wires on the timer side which are originally looped, one black and one red, so which one goes to common on hiv and which one goes to heating on, i.e. 1&3 on hiv.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back