Wiring KATT-RJLP Cat5e connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I purchased a couple Cat5e faceplates, which I assumed would be fairly straightforward to fit.

They are Molex branded (WNC-00007-02) and include a KATT-RJLP connector for the Cat5e cable to terminate.

The connector has 4 colours (blue, brown, green and orange) marked, but it is not apparent how these relate to the solid colour vs. white and colour wires. I've searched via google, but can't shed any light definitively on which pins are which.

Any ideas or information would be greatly received.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well the Molex brand item you refer to is marked for 568B wiring which you will find on the internet. I can see the 8 wire slots so it looks OK from that point of view, but only solid colour visible in the photo in the middle of each pair. Closer examination should reveal the slot above or below the colour is for solid and other for the stripe version. Actual switchover of terminals you see on a plug would be done internally in the socket so you only need to straddle each solid colour with the associated pair. Internal wiring would suit 568B wired plugs.

If the pin numbering is on the moulding it will help, just make sure you use 568B wiring both ends of the cable

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back