wiring my two port valves - heeeelp

H

helpnewbeee

Hi guys

I'm installing two 2-port valves to make two radiator circuits for upstairs and downstairs. I've got a vaillant 837 plus combi, a honeywell st9500c 20 zone programmer, and two honeywell t6620b1008 room thermostats. And I've got a wiring centre

What wiring goes where?

Sponsored Links
Yeah - my boyfriends friend is a plumber so he's put the pipes and valves in as a favour

its all in leaflets that come with your controls

Only thing that is different is live to microswitches in valves comes from boiler and that will be in boiler instructions

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much. So it should be obvious? I am also decorating the upstairs room and I have taken off the radiators for the plasterer. I only have the bathroom radiator connected on one of the zones. Will that be ok or does my combi need to have more than one radiator working on a zone?

You should be ok but don't turn it off. Some boilers require a bypass we don't know if yours does and we don't know if you have one either.

2 port valves are easy for us to wire up not easy for the layperson.

To take on the task you will either learn a lot or know a lot.

I once new nothing and now I know a lot. You can be like me.

Thank you so much Paul. Reading through the instruction manual which is mostly double dutch to me i saw somewhere that the boiler has an "automatic bypass valve". Is this what you mean?

Yes but the all important wording as that "it does not require an external bypass" Whilst it is true that with the advent of trv's manufacturers were forced to take emergency measures and provide an inadequate but avoiding disaster internal bypass, very few are prepared to state that it is sufficient without external help. Once you need an external bypass to satisfy approved document L of the building regs it has to be an automatic one.

there is a lot more you have to know to do our job correctly these are just a few minor things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back