Wiring on Honeywell T6360 room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just replaced my old Honeywell T6360 room stat as the old one stopped working. I'm not very experienced in matters of electricity so to make things easy for myself, I simply bought a brand new one (i.e. the same model) so i could just copy over the wiring. All went fine. Just one query - the new Honeywell T6360 has a small LED on it with is illuminated when the unit "calls for heat". I was just wondering if there is an easy way of using my existing wiring to connect up the LED, or if additional wiring is needed?

The wiring info for the room state can be found here > http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/Catalogue/Heating Controls/2.17 T6360.pdf

Currently, the earth wire (yellow/green) goes to the earth connection, neutral (blue) goes to connection 3 and the live (brown) wire goes to connection 1.

Am I right in thinking I could just use the neutral wire and connect this to connection 2 as well as 3?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Darren

Sponsored Links
NO although the wire is blue its not a neutral. its actually a LIVE.
tERMINAL 1 is LIVE into stat
And terminal 3 IS LIVE OUT

ok thanks.

so is there an easy way of connecting up the LED using the existing wiring?

There is a wire missing! The 6360B needs a neutral connections to make the anticipator work.

The connections needed are:

1 = Live from timeswitch CH ON
2 = Neutral
3 = Switched live to boiler/motorized valve etc.

The thermostat does not need an earth as it is double insulated; the earth terminal is provided as a "parking terminal", i.e in case an earth link is needed.

Although not good practice, you could use the earth wire as the switched live but you should put red sleeving or insulating tape round both ends to show it is not an earth wire. Don't forget to change both ends of the wires!

Note: The wiring diagram for a 6360B in the instructions shows the heating load labelled as N. This is incorrect as this wire is not a neutral but a switched live.

Sponsored Links
OK thanks for the info! Sounds like this is well beyond my capacities, so I'll live without the LED.... cheers!

OK thanks for the info! Sounds like this is well beyond my capacities, so I'll live without the LED.... cheers!
The Neutral connection is needed to make the thermostat work properly. It is not just a case of getting the LED working.
If the thermostat is not wired correctly the room temperature will fluctuate noticeably as the difference between turn-on and turn-off temperatures will be about 5-6 degrees.

Changing the wiring is not all that difficult. First of all, make a note of the wire connections at the thermostat end. Then find the other end of the cable and make a note of the connections. Then post the info and you will get instructions. ;)

Might not be that difficult to someone who knows what they are doing but the guy didnt know the difference between a live and neutral even with the diagram. And knows his capabilities.

His new stat will also work exactly the same as his old one which he is used to.
Or for 20 quid he could buy a honeywell dt200 which can use the 2 existing wires

Thanks to you both for your advice. As you say, namsag, I haven't got the first clue about these things so i won't chance messing about with it when it works fine as it is!

all the best
Darren

I've got same honeywell at the mo. YELLOW wire going into 1, BLUE into 2, RED into 3, and an earth.

I've bought a new digital thermostart which just needs live and switched live. Assume this would YELLOW (live) and RED (switched live)?

Neutral (BLUE ) I can just terminate?

Correct.

Make sure the blue is safely terminated, e.g in a small terminal block hidden behind the wall.

Hope you can clarify/help with wiring for Honeywell T6360B Room Thermostat ( http://www.screwfix.com/p/honeywell-t6360b-room-thermostat/26159#) as a replacement for an antique 1980's Sunvic device.

Attached two images my the Album.

I am confused to where the existing cables (yellow, red, blue) should be attached to into the Honeywell. Whilst the Sunvic circuit diagram shows the Connector Numbers 1, 3 and 4 being used, the Honeywell circuit diagram show the Connector Numbers 1, 2 and 3 to be used.

My question is threefold:
If Sunvic Yellow cable goes to 1, where in Honeywell does it connect to?
If Sunvic Red cable goes to 3, where in Honeywell does it connect to?
If Sunvic Blue cables goes to 4, where in Honeywell does it connect to

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any clarification.

(I have an existing Earth [goes to Sunvic back-plate] but, from reading all the previous Posts here, this is now redundant with the new Honeywell and can be taped-off securely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back