wiring split-level cooker

W

wolly

Have isolated 30amp fused lead from Consumer unit to control unit to side within distance of 30\\\" of cooker.
Do I now connect the oven and hob to a connector unit together and then to the control unit please.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Also, we need the rating of your oven, the cable size and the distance from the consumer unit.

maximum load 2475w for appliance - have 30amp fuse in consumer unit - wire to control unit (right thickness for cooker).

Do I now wire from oven to hob to a connector unit ( a flat covered socket thing) and then to the control unit please.

If you have a cooker connection plate behind, then you can wire both into this. However, its worth mentioning 2475w at 230 volts is just over 10 amps, not 30. You could wire an appliance at that rating to a 13 amp plug. Is the hob gas? Hobs are normally 6000-7000w alone.

Sponsored Links
Electric, had it for 5 years not opened element ratings grill 1725w oven fan 2400w oven light 25w cooling fan 24 w maximum load 2475 w.
As I have this spare 30amp fuse in the consumer unit, will it hurt if I use this for the cooker using the connection unit 45 amp for cookers and then connect to the control unit which has the on/of switch please.

Just realise I don't have instructions for the hob, none in box. Presumably the 30amp fuse in the consumer unit would suffice and control unit with one up to 45amp connector unit connecting hob and oven to the control unit please.

I certainly have the right name! Oven 2475 w hob (found on back) 5780w.

Will the 30 amp fuse in consumer unit be enough and connecting to the oven and to the hob to a connector unit up to 45 amp be enough. Then connecting to the control unit and consumer unit. please

If you have a 30A circuit, you can apply diversity to the circuit. The flc is 35.89A, so is only slightly over.

As long as the cable is rated to a minimum of 30A, and your isolating switch is no more than 2m from either appliance that should be OK.

Thank you for that. I have now been thinking about using a separate 15 amp fuse isolated from the consumer unit to the oven only. Then using the 30 amp fuse isolated from the consumer unit to the hob. Do you think this would be better ?
I have a cooker socket with side plug connection, do you think I could use this for the hob connection please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back