Wiring two lighting circuits in singles in conduits

Softus said:
ricicle said:
Explain please :confused:
My [unqualified] understanding of the term "over current" is that it describes the condition wherein the current in a conductor (and hence circuit) is greater than the safe operating capacity of that conductor, in a particular installation, for an unacceptable period of time. This is why I fail to see why a pure RCD (i.e. not an RCBO), which will allow an infinite over current condition, as long as there is no earth leakage, can be classed an as OCD (over current device).

I sensed that you weren't being serious about an RCD being an OCD, so my 'knob' earth leakage detector observation was a whimsical (but plausible) suggestion that, because it would make a reasonable good ELD, my penis could also be classed as an OCD. ;)

Yes, sorry you are right that is the correct definition of overcurrent as refered to in BS7671.It was just me having a humerous moment playing on the words over and current.
I'll clear that up so as not to confuse anyone with less knowledge than your good self ;)

Sponsored Links
ricicle said:
I'll clear that up so as not to confuse anyone with less knowledge than your good self ;)
Nice one. I wouldn't describe myself as knowledgeable though - I've never ever opened a BS7671. :)

Softus said:
ricicle said:
Nice one. I wouldn't describe myself as knowledgeable though - I've never ever opened a BS7671. :)

Ah, but you read a lot on here and that's almost as good ;)

Sponsored Links
ricicle said:
Ah, but you read a lot on here and that's almost as good ;)
Without wishing to fawn, it's thanks to you and the other experts who make the knowledge easy to inherit.
bowdown.gif

Softus said:
because it would make a reasonably sensitive ELD, my penis could also be classed as an OCD. ;)

I though OCD stood for overcurrent protection device. Does this mean your knob will actually protect you fom overcurrent? Wow! :eek:

Er, I'll have to get back to you on that.

But I do know that I can use it to carry out a resistance test. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back