wish me luck..

Good luck, hope you've been reading up about the mechanical side of compressors.

air goes in (big), whirr, whirr, squeeze, squeeze, air comes out (small, but angry)

I guess theres probably a bit more to it, but you'll figure that bit out as you go.

Good luck!

BTW, nice cookie duster :p

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
squeeze, squeeze, air comes out (small, but angry)

But what happens if "air comes out" hole is blocked? I bet they ask a similar question.

either the high pressure switch operates and shuts down the compressor and maybe opens an electrically operated valve to release the pressure, or the mechanical high pressure safety vavle blows and you go deaf in one ear if you're too close..

I think it went well, it's a small place and even though the guy that interviewed me was driving a Jag with personalised plates, he was wearing his company polo shirt and dickies trousers..

When will you know if you got it or not? Good luck!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of salary are we talking here? :arrow:

When will you know if you got it or not? Good luck!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of salary are we talking here? :arrow:

£10.20/hr, time and a half overtime, on call one week in 6

has "interviews line up until monday afternoon", will decide and let us know sometime next week..

I put that part in quotes because that's pretty muchthe standard answer I get when I go to interviews..

ah poop...

Hi Dean,

Tad has been out of the business this week i have spoken to him he wants me to thank you for attending the interview with him.
The feedback i had was very good and you came across well at interview.
He was actually approached this week by someone that worked for him previously and has decided to take him on.
Once again thank you for attending the interview.
I will let you know of any other oppurtunities that come in.

bah..:( :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil:

So sorry to hear that Coljack but hey mate keep plugging away. If it is any help I lost my contracting company before Christmas and was at a real low ebb, thinknig 54 no work no hope. But thing do come along mate anf if your interested send me a CV and I will put it about out here, there is always something happening.

What I was advised back home as well is to get your SSEG course for PV and Solar it's quite a growing market and sure to get bigger

Chin up

Unlucky col, keep going, something good will happen - eventually. ;)

Nice offer by Malc, just be careful to consider the travel time/fuel cost if he finds you a job. They could mount up to quite a bit! :)

I know i've asked before, but don't remember your response, but why won't you consider being a self employed spark?
You seem to have the knowledge required to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back