Wobbly dining table solutions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this furniture village earth natural dinning table. It is a failure. It is wobbly. Because of the faulty design. The X shape base. Any idea how to make it stable like four legs table?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-105857_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-105857_Gallery.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 175
Sponsored Links
Presume you mean wobbly becuase contact with floor is smaller area than table top size (ie table acts as a leaver).
Normal tables do not have this issue as tabel legs are in corners so contact with floor is same size table top size.

Solution is to make floor contact wider.

Metal table legs in each corner.
https://www.google.com/search?q=table+legs

Or cross of wood bolted onto black area that is currently on floor.

I bought this furniture village earth natural dinning table. It is a failure. It is wobbly. Because of the faulty design. The X shape base. Any idea how to make it stable like four legs table?
Tables not faulty your floor is uneven.

Sponsored Links
That's a terrible design and on anything other than a completely flat solid floor it will be a bit unstable even if the base of the table is perfectly flat. As mentioned a leg in each corner is probably the only effective solution.

Or are you saying the flat base is not securely fixed to the legs?

that table is a shocking design
if you have small childen 'young children 'older parents in deed any one that will swing or lean could have a bad injury as the table topples and falls on you parent or child that has done what comes naturally and now flat on the floor
half the table total weight will probably be on the table edge as it hits the floor further increased by momentum :eek:
try tipping it onto its side and see how much effort it takes to rotate back to upright thats the amount off weight would be resting on an adult or child under it on the floor ??

Last edited:
That's a terrible design and on anything other than a completely flat solid floor it will be a bit unstable even if the base of the table is perfectly flat. As mentioned a leg in each corner is probably the only effective solution.

Or are you saying the flat base is not securely fixed to the legs?
I completely agree what you said. All due to the faulty design.

that table is a shocking design
if you have small childen 'young children 'older parents in deed any one that will swing or lean could have a bad injury as the table topples and falls on you parent or child that has done what comes naturally and now flat on the floor
half the table total weight will probably be on the table edge as it hits the floor further increased by momentum :eek:
try tipping it onto its side and see how much effort it takes to rotate back to upright thats the amount off weight would be resting on an adult or child under it on the floor ??
Not that bad but it really is not as stable as the traditional ones. I might replace the legs in the future.

Take it back to the shop this Saturday (if they are open, or do it on Monday) and have it outside, make some printed leaflets saying this table is dangerous and can injure young and old and not fit for purpose.

I recon after 30 mins they will be offering you a refund.

Call the local paper out for a story.

Fighter by name, Fighter by nature!

Andy

Sandbags! If you weight the base down with sandbags that should do the trick.

Alternatively drill four holes in the corners of the base and screw or bolt it it to the floor. It won't tip then. I reckon M14 coach screws with washers (wood floor - try to get at least two into the joists) or M14 resin anchors (concrete floor) should do the trick.

Seriously, though, it is a very poor design

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back