Wobbly fence post repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of our fence posts are wobbly, basically the post bottoms have rotted within their metal spikes. They were not concreted in.
Is there a quick, easy fix for this without having to take the fence apart.
I thought of maybe driving a repair spike in to secure the post. Can anyone recommend the best type for this job ?

Sponsored Links
The point about metal spikes (pardon the pun) is that they can be removed. Why not do that?

I think I'm trying to avoid dismantling the fence because it's crowded in by our shed & bushes etc

If the post is rotten at the bottom then the only other way of holding it with out replacing it (which i would recommend) Is to brace it either off the shed or other fixed point with a piece of batten or with a stay driven into the ground away from the base of the post and fixed to the post at the other end.

Sponsored Links
Depending on the type/style of fence you can just chap some new posts in (leaving the old ones) and nail the fence to these. A quick way to extend the life of a knackered fence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back