Wokeism strikes again

Sponsored Links
I don't think either sounds pleasant when speaking to a person.

However why is it offensive to call sweets just that.

More to the point why are these big wigs rolling over to appease these people that have got nothing better to do with their lives other than find offence where their is none.

I don't think either sounds pleasant when speaking to a person.
I agree, but dwarf is the accepted term and midget is not.

However why is it offensive to call sweets just that.
Well, it's not. Would the lecturer have objected if they were called "little gems"?

More to the point why are these big wigs rolling over to appease these people that have got nothing better to do with their lives other than find offence where their is none.
I don't know.

Afraid to say "Don't be so ****ing stupid".

Sponsored Links
Can we still call a dwarf wall a dwarf wall?

Apparently dwarfs prefer the term "little people/person" but that just sounds like your refering to them as a child.

Why can we not just see them as another person regardless of height?

Are we no longer allowed to call an mg midget an mg midget?

I just think the whole thought process of modern society is barmy.

Last edited:
FFS.

What about the MG Midget?

Better call those dark painted, dome headed screws something else!

I wear glasses and getting older is reducing my vision, I think I'm going to start finding offense with the term blind.

Instead I would prefer to be referred to as visually impaired.

All blinds sold for Windows should now also be referred to as an adjustable window covering....

Offence can only ever be taken, it cannot be given.

Why is the term "midget" offensive? Is it a word that once meant one thing & now means another? Like "gay" for example.

I understand that words can be used to hurt & cause emotional pain in context, but I cannot understand how a single word can be selected to suddenly have its definition redefined.

Who are these people who do this? Do they wish to control what we say & how we say it, or do they wish to control how we think?

Offence can only ever be taken, it cannot be given.

Why is the term "midget" offensive? Is it a word that once meant one thing & now means another? Like "gay" for example.

I understand that words can be used to hurt & cause emotional pain in context, but I cannot understand how a single word can be selected to suddenly have its definition redefined.

Who are these people who do this? Do they wish to control what we say & how we say it, or do they wish to control how we think?

I believe midget has always meant midget, was first founded in a book apparently for a small man... It then stuck to "persons of small stature" and in the early 20th century was considered a better term than dwarf.

Usually when I think dwarf, what comes to mind first is dungeons and dragons type..

In the real world I don't tend to cause offence to folk easily. I'm probably best described as a mentally well balanced woke person. In the inner circle of my friends & family I'm well known for gently correcting the attitudes that I find offensive & I like to think that I'm responsive to having my attitude gently corrected if needs be.

I like to think that pretty much everyone in my inner circle & most of the outer circle has much the same approach.

Occasionally you come across someone who is either having a bad day or is totally illogical in their attitude to what you may have said & the context in which you said it.

I feel the pain of those having a bad day, but the ones who I perceive are totally illogical are the real haters here.

It’s silly - like BA no longer saying good morning ladies and gentlemen so as not to offend those who wish to change the English language to be totally confusing.

I could understand if they were called dwarfgums or similar. PR machines like to dance the Wokey cokey to get attention. I suspect sales and footfall are up.

I remember learning about Eskimo's and TeePee's in school, Pluto is the 9th planet and batteries run + to -. All are wrong. Eskimo's are Inuit, Pluto is a 'Dwarf' Planet (<<<See, not a midget planet) and batteries don't run, they have no legs. Silly teachers.

Sponsored Links
Back