Women are from Mars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I shall write this quick, while my missus is not in...thereafter I shall encase my b**locks in half-inch steel plate...

Is it just me, or do women & men talk to each other in different ways?

J thinks I am "left-brained" (I am left-handed!!), but I think she goes about asking for things in an extremely convoluted manner, to say the least!

For eg, tonight, she asks me why I have left the baby (safe, needless to say) in our bedroom. In reply I asked her where Matthew was, ie is he in the bedroom with the baby and therefore needed supervision? She replied that M was in bed. OK I thought, that's OK. The baby is not squawking, so he's OK.

Turns out after a mildly heated debate that what she actually wanted me to do was to pick the baby up and give him a cuddle. Now, am I being anal here, or is that an obvious conclusion?

I mean, am I a simple creature being unique in wanting direct questions, or are all men like that? If she wanted me to pick the baby up, why didn't she just ask, plain & simple?

I am most frustrated!

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
If she wanted me to pick the baby up, why didn't she just ask, plain & simple?
I think it's because women are more bonded to children than men as they delivered the baby and feel closer to them, so they don't understand why we don't think like women do maybe? I also think when men goes to work, they don't tend to worry too much about the baby at home as women would feel a bit lost. Men & women do not think alike, be a bit boring if we did ;)

securespark said:
I shall write this quick, while my missus is not in...thereafter I shall encase my b**locks in half-inch steel plate...

Is it just me, or do women & men talk to each other in different ways?

J thinks I am "left-brained" (I am left-handed!!), but I think she goes about asking for things in an extremely convoluted manner, to say the least!

For eg, tonight, she asks me why I have left the baby (safe, needless to say) in our bedroom. In reply I asked her where Matthew was, ie is he in the bedroom with the baby and therefore needed supervision? She replied that M was in bed. OK I thought, that's OK. The baby is not squawking, so he's OK.

Turns out after a mildly heated debate that what she actually wanted me to do was to pick the baby up and give him a cuddle. Now, am I being anal here, or is that an obvious conclusion?

I mean, am I a simple creature being unique in wanting direct questions, or are all men like that? If she wanted me to pick the baby up, why didn't she just ask, plain & simple?

I am most frustrated!
Brings back some wonderful memorys, then I was accused of being overprotective but still great times and now grandchildren fantastic! do you ever stop worrying about your kids NO! but don't worry you will get more and more alike as you get older, once you start to do as your told!

Curious - I get that "Why did you......" question all the time. She is definitely not looking for a "Because....." answer. I think as far as she's concerned the only "Because....." answer making sense is "Because I'm stupid, careless, thoughtless, clumsy, untidy, forgetful...(pick your own)".
I thought it was just me - sorry, just her :D

Sponsored Links
My dear old mum had a great way of asking if someone wanted a cuppa, if in fact she did not.

"Do you want a cup of tea NO?"

I takes me back again to the time when I was married, we were on a camping trip and had had a bit of a tiff. She told me "go and post the postcards!"
How was I to know she did not mean "clear off to the pub"?

I always get "wheres the thingy gone?"or "have you seen it?"when i reply "i'm not a mind reader,what are you on about?" i just get the usual "WELL WE'RE HAPPY TODAY THEN AR'NT WE "this seems to happen reguarly every month :confused:

My mum's: Red wine or White wine?

Masona: erm er I have red wine please.

My mum's: What wrong with white? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back