women drivers

Sponsored Links
That is a good point.
Women have their strengths and weaknesses, just like men.
Men & women are different. For some reason we seem to have forgotten that fact recently.

Sponsored Links
Used to be a lady in the 250 world
Motor cycle championships years ago

Think she was from Finland ???

( might have been 125 s ? )

Google "Kara Hultgreen", read it & weep. Then I'll tell you the result of the lesson that was learned from her death.

Or, google Eileen Collins and Carey Lohrenz

It is considered that flying fighter jet carrier operations is the single most difficult occupation, the hardest job in the world.

Well worth 45mins of anyones time.

It is considered that flying fighter jet carrier operations is the single most difficult occupation, the hardest job in the world.

Well worth 45mins of anyones time.

Robert Heinlein in Time Enough for Love wrote about training as a Navy pilot on an aircraft carrier in WWII and after their first solo landing were awarded the 'Order of the Diaper' because new pilots would always p!$$ themselves with fear.
I've no idea if that's true or not but it sounded plausible when i read it. Night landings were especially scary. Rather them than me.

The worst drivers are men that weave in and out of traffic on the Motorway and while everyone is queing up to turn at a junction or a roundabout idiot mainly men think they don't have to que and jump the que.

But not all men most are decent humans.

Africans I find are rubbish drivers. But that's across the board..... men and women...
Men are certainly more aggressive.
The one reliable horror is an African woman in a shiny BMW/large SUV, wanting to come out from a sideroad on your left. Never makle eye contact as they WILL pull out in front of you. Is that racist? I dunno but it's true!

Doubt if it was not for power an would have issues with commercial vechles
Etc etc
I've dealt with two skip firms in the North West in recent years who sent a woman driver (and skip wagons are often cheap and cheerful chassis, so no power feed)

Certainly seen loads of women bus drivers and an increasing number of women train drivers in the last few years. When I was a kid some of the old half cab coaches they used for the school runs were driven by women - massive steering wheels, no power steering or power assisted brakes back then (these coaches must have been late 1940s/early 1950s) - I'm told they used women because it was part time work and many men didn't want it.

But earlier than that my missus's aunt drove a double decker in West Bridgeford during and after WWII which amazed me, as she was about 5ft tall - until I tried climbing into the cab of a 1940s lowbridge double decker. At 6 ft 2in I could barely squeeze in and when I did get in the frame of the front window severely restricted my front vision and my head was rubbing against the cab roof

Sponsored Links
Back