Wood burner and heat activated fan

I've got one of those cheap fans, it was £14.99 from Aldi, been using it two years... have had a fire every night November to May... it's silent, guess it's just luck of the draw.

Reckon you might just get warm sides of the reveal if the fire has been on a few hours, it's it cement fire-board, it will cope with the heat no problem.

The 'stones' may be vermiculite and a around the flue liner. This is the proper way to do it.

Bet you will be counting down until the cold weather!:LOL:
Oh maybe I will try the Amazon one then… the reviews are decent, but yeah like you said luck of the draw!

No idea what the boards are made of, I didn’t ask, just know they are obviously non combustible, hopefully the heat doesn’t get trapped on the sides, but with our burner last winter the majority of the heat was getting released from the top, so with the bigger recess and fan hoping for a much warmer living room.

Yesss so ready for winter! I just need to buy a fire guard now for my little one!

Sponsored Links
Here's the pics as promised. Believe me it's far superior to the Amazon offerning, I know as I did have both.

Attachments

• IMG_20230703_211436.jpg
    IMG_20230703_211436.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230703_211504.jpg
    IMG_20230703_211504.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 41

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back