wood floor/skirting help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
is there a gadget i can use to cut skirting board so my new wood floor can be layed under without having to rip off the skirting!
i dont fancy having beading around the floor/
the house is pretty old and im pretty sure i will rip off alot of old plaster if i try to remove the skirting..
any help or advice appreciated
thanks
j

Sponsored Links
there is a woodcutting disc made by arbotech that fits to a angle grinder (not the wood carver) expensive but will do the job (about £30ish)

Any idea where I can buy this cutting disc? I'm in a similar predicament and it seems impossible to get the skirtings off the walls. Also, I need to cut into the bottom of the door frames.

Thanks

Dylsi :(

Sponsored Links
B&Q's and Homebase both sell an 'Angle Grinder' @£12-£20, and the disk mentioned above I bought from B&Q's for @£15

The disk is easy to spot, it does not have cutting teeth but has indents. This can be used to cut into the skirting and the architrave

Whatever you do, don’t use the blade that came with the Angle Grinder on wood, well unless you have a fire hose to hand !

The doors aren’t worth messing with, take the doors off and cut down with a saw (I used the jigsaw that I bought to cut the flooring)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back